Had a great autumn mid-week trip with the family. Room was very clean with nice furniture and ambiance. The grounds were immaculate. I appreciated the excellent yet simple elegance of the grounds. Although the place was empty, it was still properly staffed and everyone there seemed like a polished professional.
The highlight of our stay was the breakfast buffet in the main dining room. The room was awesome (in a 1920's opulent kind of way) and the buffet was gigantic. They had a large selection of breakfast foods even though there were few guests. The service was great.
Overall, the hotel was grand. the only cons were that it was missing a hot tub and shows some wear. The staff made us feel like royalty. It was luxury in a fantastic lakeside setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the historic grand resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. The resort is located just a short walk from Cooperstown's main attractions, including the Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum, and provides exclusive packages for everyone in the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown