My business stay at The Otesaga was pleasant, but the resort is a bit too formal for the comfort of a single traveler. To start with the positives, the location is nice and convenient (5-10 minute walk) to downtown Cooperstown where the baseball HOF resides along with many nice restaurants and shops. There are beautiful views of Otesaga Lake from the resort's grand porches furnished with wooden rocking chairs. My room was very spacious and clean and the daily room service was fantastic. The staff I interacted with were friendly and knowledgable. Parking is free and close to the downstairs entrance to the resort. Breakfast each morning was wonderful with variety of options from yogurt and fresh fruit to waffles and omelets. The meeting facilities were roomy and accomodated current technology, but the wifi (meeting space and room) was somewhat slower compared to other locations.
I consider the resort a bit too formal because I has to be seated alone in the main restaurant to eat. I started at the bar and ordered a local microbrew and asked for a menu. I was informed by the bartender (perhaps the only less than friendly person I met during my stay) that I was not permitted to eat at the bar. This is the first time I experienced this! So I finished my beer and proceeded to the outside seating area and had my thoughts and my smart phone to keep me company. It is much more comfortable to eat at the bar when travelling alone. This resort features a dining plan where your meals are included in the room rate. The absurd thing is I had to pay an additional fee just for sitting at their restaurant.
All in all I had a pleasant stay, but it would have been nicer had I travelled with my wife to better enjoy my dining experience or walked into town and experienced on of the many small restaurants right along the main street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the historic grand resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. The resort is located just a short walk from Cooperstown's main attractions, including the Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum, and provides exclusive packages for everyone in the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown