All reviews boat tour glimmerglass queen great location two blocks hall of fame free ride in town gravel parking lot on site restaurant within walking distance main street adirondack chairs stay there again off season induction weekend large room private balcony
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Before I tell the bad, the good is, everyone from check-in, to breakfast waitress, to check out, was extremely friendly. We had previously canceled a 3 night stay and now came back for 2 nights or would’ve forfeited $600++. It’s an easy 1.5 block walk to HOF, slight uphill going, downhill coming back! Pretty views of amazing lake Otsego and hills... Upstate NY is gorgeous!! Who knew?! Cooperstown is lovely!
Ok, now the bad, not terrible, but not great. Was a tad pricey $200++ for what you get, as it’s a motel, not hotel. (Paying for location). Room initially smelled so musty we had to open both door and windows WIDE to air it out. Glad I brought my own air freshener. We got that initial sinking feeling, “Omg, we’re staying here 2 nights!” The room darkening curtains didn’t even shut completely, see photo. Also, not too private seeing this was a first floor room with pontoon boats docked right outside window. We went in fall. Luckily, no one was using their boat, nor walking on dock right below our windows. Walls thin enough to almost understand conversations, again luckily, during our stay, nothing else. Praise God, we’re not handicapped, but we did get a h/c room, which was fine. Floor gets soaked with roll in shower. Not sure the 6+ ft high extra towel hooks on the bathroom wall would serve a h/c person well. Only 1 thin bath towel and hand towel/ pp, not enough. Bed surprisingly (with yucky quilted bedspread, took that off immediately, ugh!) was pretty comfy. We slept fine, thank God! ( Slept better when BoSox won!) Breakfast was very good. Waitresses were pleasant, smiling, even singing. We used all (4) of our $5 coupons at once, breakfast cost us just the tip. No coffee in rooms, but free coffee anytime at check-in/office. We didn’t happen to go on Glimmerglass Queen boat, hour long, tour of lake, but we were surprised 100’s of dogs didn’t come running every time its horn blew, piercing the peaceful, serene setting! Didn’t think anyone from housekeeping (sad looking group of smoking women and ? child) were going to enter room to clean, but they did. I left things in room, pocketbook, that I would not have done had I known housekeeping was coming by. As far as I know, it was untouched. Sorry, too, we left room a major mess as we scooted out quickly for the day!
Overall, the place was just barely ok. Honestly, if you’re a spoiled Marriott customer like we are, stay elsewhere. Otesaga down the street looks over the top nice, but I sure it’s rates are also over the top, too!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

My friends were staying at this hotel and we went to see the room and it was spacious and very clean.
We sat at outside deck and had drinks-pricey but good. We then went into restaurant and had dinner which was very good also.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

A nice hotel on the lake. Our room had a private balcony facing bay and picture window overlooking the lake. Great to sit and enjoy view. Took boat ride. Very picturesque hour long ride. Ate at restaurant. Good food and service. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would go back there.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I visited Cooperstown to see our grandson play at Dreams Park and we were pleased with our stay here. Staff was pleasant, room clean, bathroom clean. Not fancy or large but most importantly clean. Bed comfortable....Aside from that we loved the location! we could walk to the water, there were benches to sit on and enjoy the view.....

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank christmas152
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Boat tour personal very rude , shocked on how myself and family were treated , ruined our day , these people don't deserve to be in a nice town like Cooperstown , boat very unsafe and ran by those that don't care about those that they serve , Beware !

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family