“Awesome location, remodeled rooms!”
Review of Lake Front Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lake Front Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Was very shocked to arrive and this hotel property had been recently renovated. Very nice. Included a ticket to the boat tour- took that, glad we did. Got a full history of the area and views of the lake we wouldn't have gotten.
Breakfast vouchers are provided- tip and extra sides not included. Food was okay- good enough but not amazing.
Rooms were very new and clean. Walking distance to shopping, Baseball Hall of Fame and great restaurants in town.
View is great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stood here for a weekend in early November. My parents had stood here even before the renovation,and apparently they've made very nice improvements.

On first glance, the location is absolutely beautiful. It's right on the lake and near the glimmer glass queen (boat that takes trip on the lake, if you're unfamiliar.) upon entering the rooms you can tell it is newly renovated. It's not a 5-star renovation, but its comfortable and cozy. The beds are very comfy, but the bathroom was a little annoying with lack of shelf space to put my things. The walls are also very thin, so be warned! There's also very little sitting room, but you're not really in the room the whole day so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

The hotel is in great proximity to the hall of fame, so we kept our car parked there and just walked into town which is a huge plus. The man at the front desk was also very nice and informative about where to eat, etc. I'd love to go here again in the Spring and Summer!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Great location about a two minute walk to HOF. Room was clean and large.

No issues at all. Not the Ritz, but price was good and for a night or two in town it fits the bill quitw well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This Motel has the best location for a weekend at the Hall !!! And right on Lake Ostego , too
It has a very nice resturant on the grounds, and is only 1 1/2 block from Baseball H O F >
Completely renovated , it is like a new Motel. Rooms are very clean and spacious...the only thing we did not like was that it did not have a Fridge in the room ...........Gorgeous views of the lake from anywhere on the grounds !!! Truly a treasure in Cooperstown, NY. The only thing is that it is overpriced......they need new TVs and refrigerators in the rooms !!!!

Room Tip: Get one on the lake !!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Booked a room in May for October. Was specific about the room that I wanted up at their Visions location across from the HOF when I called because I had stayed there several times before. I booked a two bed room for two nights. When I checked in and went to Vision I noticed that they gave me a different room with one bed. Walked back down to the front desk and explained the situation. I was told that there was a wedding coming in the following day and the room I wanted was booked. The person working the desk moved people around so I could have the room. The next morning I get a knock on my door from the person that checked me in telling me that I had to get out of the room and move to the one bed room. I went to the front desk and spoke to the manager and was told that there was nothing else they could do for me even though it was their error. I checked out right there and received my money back for the second night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed here before, about 12 years ago, Since then, place has been updated, at least the outside has because the rooms are still circa 1970. Would rate this hotel high only due to the location and the restaurant that is attached to it. Other than that, room was below average and staff a little less friendly than I expected.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on first floor. We could hear every step the people above us took
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BraintreeMADjc
Reviewed August 26, 2011

For over $200 a night all you get is a bed, small tv, tiny washroom, a one item breakfast, no central air and a very musty smell. We have had better rooms at Motel 6 with more amenities! We stayed for two nights and walked to the HOF which was nice as parking is limited in town. We have stayed in NYC and paid hundreds of dollars for rooms, so price is not a concern for us, but I would expect a lot more at this rate, even if there was a pool or exercise area, but nothing but a room, no real sitting area, but a wicker side table and two patio chairs. The overpriced restaurant next door has great staff, but bad food, there was a hair on our table, and the bread is soaked in butter when served with coffee and unrefrigerated half and half, no milk. The real reason I have written this review though is that the washroom in our room was dirty when we arrived and remained that way over two days. A urine stain on the toilet base was never cleaned and there was hair in the room when we arrived which I cleaned. The sheets are not cleaned daily. Main floor rooms are noisy due to the gravel parking lot infront and behind the hotel which are also used for the boat ramp for the lake.

Room Tip: Cooperstown seems to be a hard place to find a nice place, so if you want to stay in town do not hav...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oakvillescrapper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#12 of 17 in Cooperstown
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
#4 of 17 in Cooperstown

Been to Lake Front Hotel? Share your experiences!