“Not our first choice”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Marysville, Washington
“Not our first choice”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We found the room small, no place to put toiletries, air conditioner is just above the bed,which wasn't pleasant blowing on our faces. We've had much better continental breakfast in less priced places. The packet of shamppo was very hard to open, had to have my husband do that. Location was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame over a weekend in May. The hotel and the Village were still relatively quiet, as it wasn't quite busy season yet. They were doing work upgrading the hotel while we were there so the restaurant was closed. The room still smelled like paint, and we could tell they've done a lot of work over the winter to update it for the summer. They were also doing work on the sister hotel (I guess) across the street.

The room was a little small, but big enough for just the two of us and no smaller, I would say, than some rooms I've stayed at in chain hotels. We didn't spend much time in the room as it was. The bathroom was also a little small and I wish they had more counter space for the sink, but otherwise it was nice, clean and new. I did read in a review that they didn't have enough pillows and I would agree. In a queen, there were only two small pillows, but otherwise the bed was fine.

The staff that we encountered were very friendly. We drove up from Maryland and got in VERY late. They were very accommodating to us getting in late. They even turned on the heat and a light for us, since we were getting in well past closing time for the office.

The location couldn't be better, and you definitely pay for the convenience. It's right on the lake, which I would imagine would be great over the summer. It is also a 5 minute walk to the Baseball Hall of Fame, which was our primary reason for traveling to Cooperstown. It was great to park our car and not have to worry about moving it all weekend long! We could walk to the museum, shops and restaurants nearby.

Overall a great experience. I originally had tried to book a room at Tunnicliff Inn but couldn't get a hold of anyone there and Lake Front picked up every time I called. Will definitely stay here next time we visit!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I picked this place for it's on-the-water location. That it is. The room was adequate. I don't think the queen-sized bed was really queen sized. It was also kind of soft and squishy. The room had a funny smell. We couldn't adjust the cooling quite the way we wanted to. The television in the room was no bigger than the small tv we have at home. We chose not to complain because it would have been more of a hassle than anything. The view was gorgeous but because of the way the motel was arranged, you couldn't keep your shades open to see the view and have privacy at the same time. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a view from the room.

The restaurant, which was well reviewed, was a complete disappointment (see my review at http://www.yelp.com/biz/lakefront-motel-restaurant-and-marina-cooperstown#hrid:OVPgSayQcqEazP_vyW4oSA).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EWhitby
new york
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We just came back from a weekend stay at the Lake Front Motel. The hotel room was very clean and comfortable. They are building a sister hotel across the way which causes minimal noise. The staff was friendly. The best part of all is the location. The hotel faces the lake and it is a beautiful site. Also, all attractions are only blocks away which makes it extremely convenient. I highly recommend staying here. I would go back. Definetly try "The Pit" restuarant in the lower level of the Turncliff Inn. Food and service were excellent!

Room Tip: Book early
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bridetobe65
Pitman, New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My spouse and I spent a lovely weekend in Cooperstown NY in early October, and we stayed at the lovely Lake Front Motel, we had requested a room with a view, and that is exactly what we got, at the end of the motel upstairs with beautiful views of Lake Ostego. We also met some wonderful other travelers from our area , and we had a great time. The motel also has a lovely little restaurant and pub again with views of the lake. The room was very clean and the staff was personal and friendly. Staying at the Lake Front made for a wonderful week-end. We will certainly come back in the spring.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I travel alot with work and have grown accustomed to staying at "chains". I'm usually hesitant to stay at local "mom & pop" hotels, this motel just changed my mind! The location is exception, right on Lake Otsego, it has a ton of retro charm on the outside, but very nicely updated on the inside. The staff was so pleasant, it was a block from the Baseball Hall of Fame and downtown Cooperstown. If you like the charm of Cooperstown, you will love the Lake Front. I will stay here on every return trip to Cooperstown.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank doug16801
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Great location. Right on Lake Otsego and 5 minute walk to Hall of Fame. A bit disappointed with not having a mini fridge or free wi-fi in the room.Very quiet, maybe because there werent any people around?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsjsjsjsjs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown
Lake N Pines Motel
Lake N Pines Motel
#11 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Lake Front Hotel? Share your experiences!