“Mixed Themes, but Decent Food”
Review of Bocca Osteria

Bocca Osteria
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Serving Italian fusion dishes and wood fired pizzas.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When some place calls itself an "osteria" my expecation is that it is an Italian-style place focused on wine, with either simple or fancy food. Bocca doesn't seem to focus on wine and has both simple and upscale food. The weeknight we were there it seemed to be a "family" restaurant with many kids present. For this clientele Boca has pizzas and paninis on the menu. There also is a good bit of fancier food at fancier prices which we enjoyed. The Gambretto salad was delicious and at $12 was enough to share. I enjoyed the fettucine with mushrooms and truffle cream sauce although the pasta was a little tough suggesting it had been overworked on the board. My wife enjoyed her light-as-a-feather gnocchi's with a light pomadoro sauce and fresh mozzarella. But the daily special was jerked salmon, a distinctly un-osterian dish. The service was efficient and we found the decor fairly "spare".

Reviewed September 24, 2012

stopped in for happy hour - half price pizzas & drinks at the bar - cant beat that - great way to try the menu before you commit.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Poor lighting to read menu, chairs are too small, menus not legible, food was overpriced and not what was expected, but we weren't sure what we were getting because we could not read the menus!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Try the Fettuccine al Fungi. Very good. My wife had the crab cakes appetizer as her main course. She, as usual, shared some with me: also very good. Our waiter was very entertaining. If you're in Cooperstown for more than one night, this is worth checking out.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I can't get enough of this food, everything I've tried is perfect. The arugula and fig salad with bacon vinaigrette and Gorgonzola is my favorite salad and the pizzas are so good! You have to try the blueberry Raviolis too, they are a great ending to a great meal. The prices are great too especially for the meal you get! Every time I'm in Cooperstown, I have to go there!