“Disappointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
All American Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Worst $9 burgers my family and I have ever had. Did get a refund for 1 of them, Please be careful here.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

With a location close to Doubleday Field, sports on the big screen, and an outdoor setting, it seemed like the perfect spot to have some ball park food. We were a bit disappointed by the limited menu out front, but figured they must do simple food really well... so we went in.

It took a while for the waitress to take our order, and when we did get our food, the cheeseburger and pulled pork sandwich we had weren't out of the ordinary. My girlfriend said her burger was cold, in fact. It cost us $2.50 each to upgrade to fries from potato chips and the portion wasn't even anything you'd get a McDonalds. What was advertised as a pickle was merely a small slice of a pickle too. It certainly wasn't your best barbecue burger. Bottled beer was $5.

The All American Cafe has the potential to be everything you like about baseball food in a baseball town, but it seemed too much like average stadium food at high, high prices. To use a baseball term, it seemed like a change-up to us. We couldn't resist the delivery, but we'll be one-time customers and I suspect that's what this restaurant is geared toward.

1  Thank GuyIncognito42
There are newer reviews for All American Cafe

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you like flies, stringy pastramie & being overcharged for less than mediocre food this is the place for you! We will NOT be back.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I wanted to try this place because they have outdoor tables with umbrellas and it seemed like a nice atmosphere. The menu only had maybe 3 or 4 choices on it. A couple burger choices and I think maybe a hot dog. I had a burger which was nothing special at all. Mine at home are better. I got the feeling that they don't feel the need to try very hard because most who eat there are just visiting Cooperstown for the day and will never be back anyway.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Loved the open air cafe and watching baseball fans stroll Main Street. The menu is limited but it's all you need for a lite lunch or dinner - and of course, there's a bar!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friends and I held a birthday gathering here during Induction Weekend. My friend gave the bartender a slice of cake and received a free margarita. They have delicious burgers with chips or fries. There were player signings there during the weekend. Great place to sit and enjoy the fresh air in summer.