“Don't waste your time and money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Neck Bar-B-Que

Red Neck Bar-B-Que
Ranked #43 of 60 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oneonta, New York
“Don't waste your time and money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I regret not having read the other reviews of this place before stopping. They have multiple listings on TripAdviser, but they are all consistently, and deservedly bad.

The prices are absurd for poor to mediocre food. At $10 & $12 each, the medium-rare "Angus" burgers we ordered would best be described as incinerated worcestershire-soaked meatballs. Both burgers were beyond well-done and tasted only of worcestershire sauce. They were mealy spheres that literally would have bounced if dropped. It took three bites of bun before I even hit meat. Our server didn't seem to think spherical burgers were unusual at all, nor did she seem surprised when we showed her how extremely overcooked they were.

We just wanted a quick Sunday lunch before our over-tired 3 year old took a nap, but this place has no children's menu. We ended up paying $8 for a side of mac & cheese and an apple juice. She wanted orange juice, but we were told they didn't even serve that. It's hard to imagine a full bar that doesn't have orange juice available. We paid $45.00 plus tip for two nearly inedible burgers with fries, one order of fried pickles, one side of mac & cheese, a soda, an iced tea, and an apple juice.

Our server was friendly enough, and I would have considered giving them another shot in the future if there had been even a single indication of the "passion" for cooking, or "impeccable culinary talents" touted on their website. The reviews and our own experience make it obvious, however, those descriptions are merely a facade. So again, don't waste your time and money.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank FATMAN C

North East, Pennsylvania, United States
“burned or raw food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visiting the baseball hall of fame Saturday September 21st 2013 with my brother and his wife stopped for dinner at Red neck bar B Que at around four pm. After ordering four beers and waiting more than forty minutes for our orders to come out finally the food was ready, Well everybody started eating and ! what a surprise, the chicken was not done properly it was bloody the spare ribs burned so bad they can be use as charcoal, The worst of it no one was authorize to make changes or give credit. THE WORST FOOD AND THE WORST SERVICE for $29.00 Per order.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Luis R
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Rockin' BBQ in the Northeast with awesome flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a great visit to the redneck bbq. I didn't know what to expect by getting BBQ outside of North Carolina but, on a recent visit to Cooperstown, I saw the Redneck and decided to give it a try. I have to say - it was awesome and I was blown away. The menu selection was incredible - from traditional bbq to several unique items including awesome salads, pork bellies, and lots of delicious hand cooked items - all at very reasonable prices. Also, they had a great selection of beers - mostly microbrews but a wide variety from all over the US and the world. Great place to hang-out and have an incredible dinner (or lunch).

• Visited July 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Ok BBQ, Snotty Hostess, Awful Service, Undersized and Expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had to count - unless you sit at the bar or at a high top, there is only table seating on the first floor for 42 guests. Upstairs there is room for only 24. It was no wonder that a table for 6 was an hour wait with an empty waiting area and barely half-full parking lot.

Our hostess was (for lack of a better description) a snotty teenager who appeared to pull wait times out of the air, had no sense of what was happening in the restaurant, and refused to seat us until my wife returned from a trip to the store during our wait time (all of the party must be present to be sat). She insisted on seating us outside, even though there were open tables inside and I did not want to share my meal with insects. To get an inside table, I had to wait even longer.

Overpriced appetizers were delivered 10 minutes apart by an inattentive waitress. Someone else had to deliver our silverware.

Interested in BBQ brisket? Sorry - not on the menu.

Food was ok but the prices were outrageous. I was told later by our residence host that this place significantly raises their prices for the summer to gouge Dreams Park guests. Look for other local options.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RTB42
Oneonta, New York
“OK food but service is horrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will never go back. I just wish I had read the other reviews before spending my money there. The food was OK, but the service was horrible....from the hostess to the bartender to the wait staff. Terrible attitudes, slow service. It's too bad the manager and/or owner doesn't get their act together, because the food is decent. BUT spend your money elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013