“Baseball B & B is a Home Run!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Baseball Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is a great place to stay. We enjoyed the food, the facility, and the fellowship.
Suzanne and John are kind, gracious, and hospitable. There is more traffic noise than we are accustomed to, but the location is so convenient that it's worth it. If we visit Cooperstown again, we will certainly choose to stay at the Baseball Bed and Breakfast.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I are spontaneous and knew we would be visting Cooperstown to end our baseball tour. Before arrival we were unsure if we would be staying or driving home straight to Toronto!

The host and hostess were extremely welcoming and laid back. We (family of six with small children) showed up on their doorstop with no reservation and we were able to be accomodated!

We were all enamored with the baseball memorabilia which was tastefully scattered, and the rooms were cozy. Each room was fashioned after a ball player and was equipped with amenities and a ceiling fan for cooling us down. The rooms are spacious, which is good because we have a lot of luggage.

We had a charming, old-fashioned bathroom beside us and a litttle baseball library to keep the kids busy while we got ready.

The location is great! It's a stones throw to the main strip and has a pretty backyard for relaxing or enjoying breakfast the next morning:-)

Our breakfast was delicious (blueberry pancakes and tasty sausages); variety of cold cereal and fresh fruit. Oh, the coffee was good - that's important to us!

I would highly recommend staying at the Baseball Bed & Breakfast and I would like to thank them for their generosity to our family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Baseball Bed & Breakfast in Cooperstown NY. Large and well-appointed rooms, superb breakfasts, a lovely deck and beautiful grounds and especially the warm and welcoming hosts, Suzanne and John, made for an outstanding stay. Easy walking distance to the Hall of Fame, center of town and a short drive to the Glimmerglass Opera and museums made this B&B a very pleasant and very convenient choice. Highly recommended and we’ll surely return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robin082
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having lodged at mainly hotels, a few motels and even cruise ships, I knew my first stay at a Bed & Breakfast Inn would be an experience. Although I cannot compare it to any other Bed & Breakfast Inn, the smell alone beats hotel/motel competition. It didn’t smell moldy or of disinfectant; it had a smell of fresh air that cannot be captured in a can or created in a spray bottle.

The Rudy’s, who are the hostesses, made you feel right at home. This mini trip happened to be a gift for my son’s 15th birthday to which I casually mentioned to the Rudy’s. They quickly managed to have a happy birthday treat with candles and song after Mrs. Rudy served us a homemade blueberry pancake breakfast, complete with sausage, fresh fruit, and cereal choices..

Even though we had gone to the Baseball Hall of Fame Museum, Mr. Rudy took the time to educate us more about baseball and how they honored the legends.

If I had to give this place stars, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5, and that is simply because there are no locks, latch or otherwise, on the doors. Overall, it was a splendid experience and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was in Cooperstown for a meeting this past week. John and Suzanne were most welcoming and very flexible - both mornings I needed an early morning (before 7) breakfast and they were most willing to accommodate my schedule. My room (Christy Mathewson) was very comfortable and airy. My only comment on "sleep quality" - and this is not anything within the control of Suzanne and John - is that you can hear trucks rolling by in the early morning hours on weekdays. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kdbax
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The proprietors of the Baseball B&B were wonderful people, very genuine, welcoming, and knowledgable about the area attractions. The B&B was only blocks from everything so we could park our car and go which was very helpful on a very busy father's day weekend. Breakfasts were outstanding and the Ty Cobb room beautifully appointed. John and Suzanne met all our needs and requests however small. They provided one of the nicest B&B experiences we have had. When they opened the door and said "welcome to our home" they meant it! The only drawback making the rating only very good was the lack of water available for showers when the house was full. Timing showers around other guests was a necessity.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms had private baths
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 123my3cats
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at the BASEBALL BED AND BREAKFAST in Cooperstown the weekend of 6/17/2011. Our visit was to attend a family birthday party and our choice of B&B made our trip all the more enjoyable. Our hosts, John and Suzanne (the owners of the Baseball B&B on Chestnut St) were delightful company at the bacon and egg breakfast we enjoyed and were totally accomodating in every other way. Suzanne, even ferried a piece of luggage that we had left behind over to the family home. The B&B is brimming with baseball memorabelia and when you stay there take note of the wallpaper in the upstairs bathroom and the kitchen.

Room Tip: each room is named for a different ballplayer
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family