“Amazing”

The White House Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed overnight at the White House Inn whilst on a two day trip to Cooperstown. I must say, I LOVED the Inn. The place is so warm and so festive looking, completely felt at home. Patty is super nice and not to mention the amazing smell of baking cakes in the house adds to the homelike atmosphere.

The breakfast in the morning was lavish. Loved my overall stay.

Recommend to anyone going to Cooperstown! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been making an annual trip to Cooperstown (5 years thus far) and have been staying at the White House Inn. The Innkeepers (Ed and Margie) along with the staff (Patty, Mary and Nicole) are very friendly and accomodating. Very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Ed's pumpkin pancakes with natural maple syrup are very special. Location is great, walking distance to the entire downtown area. There is a sign on the door "Enter as strangers, Leave as friends". That sign tells it all. The Inn is very clean and comfy. There is no other place to stay. I always stay in the Red Room above the kitchen. After one stay and you too will have your special room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I loved our stay at the White House Inn and will definitely return when we're in Cooperstown again. Our room was beautiful, very clean and comfortable with lots of natural light. Ed and Pattie were gracious hosts and I felt welcomed from the moment we walked in. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed and we loved the location. It is so close to everything we didn't have to use our car at all! We loved the delicious breakfast each morning and our 8 year old couldn't get enough of those amazing sour cream pancakes!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryAnnaD
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was there with my family and was very pleased by everything. The Innkeepers were very friendly and accomodating. They were happy to help us with whatever we needed. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. I loved being so close to downtown so that we did not have to drive our cars to go downtown. The breakfast was delicious. i highly recommend The White House Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I loved my 2 nights at The White House Inn! Ed & Pattie were so warm & friendly, I felt like I had known them for years!! Our room was beautifully decorated & very comfy. The breakfast was delicious & We loved that something different was served each morning! The fact that its only about 2 blocks from most of the attractions, made it just that more enjoyable!! I would highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Maine and to catch the Baseball Hall of Fame. Our room was very comfortable. Our innkeepers were charming and breakfast was yummy. They are in the downtown area so you can walk to all of the attractions and resteraunts. Parking is limited near the Baseball Hall of Fame so we were able to park at the B&B and walk.

Room Tip: We were in the blue room and it was very quiet. We opened our window for a cool breeze.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and i spent a delightful four days at the White House Inn. It is so conveniently located that we hardly used our car. Main Street is a few blocks away. Ed and Pattie are wonderful hosts, and the breakfasts are terrific. The entire staff is both efficient and friendly and the rooms super clean.

Room Tip: The "Green Room" has its own gas fireplace; it's very cozy and romantic on a cold nigh...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple