“Convenient Cooperstown Lodging”
Review of The Hotel Pratt

The Hotel Pratt
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
The Hotel Pratt
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location-Location-Location; the Hotel Pratt is less than 100 yards from the "sacred" Baseball Hall of Fame and also the famed Doubleday Field. My wife and I visited Labor Day week and C J, the owner, made us feel like royalty with his approachable hospitable personaility that made us feel more like a Cooperstown "villager", than a southern couple invading the North. Some might like to see a more traditional innkeeper, but C J has several local business interests. This however did not keep him from being there immediately for us when a couple minor unusual occurances demanded his experienced wisdom to solve. We were within walking distance of the unique eating establishments and, of course, the many baseball-oriented shops. Stay at the Pratt and enjoy Cooperstown.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TerryVa77

Reviewed July 9, 2013

At arrival we had to check in at the bar. We were told our keys were in the door around the corner and through the alley. The room smelled of mildew and had flies. The door was unsecure with out a deadbolt for security and therefore we decided not to stay at the property and we were told that we would get our deposit back at the end of the week. I have left numerous messages as well as made several attempts to speak with the owner. Twice I was told that they would call me back and never did and have avoided my phone calls. I was very disappointed in the fact that I was told I would get my money back and now they are unresponsive. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank 193Brucejr
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel when my son was playing at Dreams Park. There were four of us in our room: myself, my husband and our two daughters, aged 10 & 15. My parents stayed in a room down stairs from us. We all agreed that this hotel was in a very convenient place with off- street parking. It is very difficult to park in Cooperstown Village. The Baseball Hall of Fame was just around the corner, as was Main St. and Doubleday Park. There are decent restaurants and souvenir shops all within a short walk. The hotel was clean and seemed to have been newly refurbished. Housekeeping was there every day. We had a mini-fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker, so we were able to keep & eat leftovers, as well as bring some sandwich stuff, micro-popcorn, etc. We HIGHLY reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank baseballmom618
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Hi, my family of 6 stayed here in July for our sons baseball dreams experience, and the owner was there to greet us. What an excellent place to stay for the money, and location to many attractions. We will come here again next year !

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank yaddario
Reviewed April 14, 2009

After reading the reviews I can't image why someone would put such a terrible review out there. Sometimes people out there think they are above and beyond everyone else and feel the need to put others down. I don't normally write reviews, but when I read that bad one I had to speak up. Maybe it was just an off day for those customers. This place is down to earth and I think would do anything for their customers. When it comes right down to it....it was clean and efficient. The location was a BIG PLUS, and for a small town, it was perfect. The manager was helpful and very eager to please our needs. Parking was a plus too, though we didn't need our car at all, because you can walk to everything. For the price and location I would definitely stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank KyleBR
Reviewed October 25, 2008

The place is "no frills" . The location is great. The owner was bizzare.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank BBBettyNyc
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Clean, convenient, and affordable. This no frills two story building is in the heart of Cooperstown just around the corner from the Hall of Fame. All that Cooperstown has to offer is within walking distance - shopping, food, and Otsego Lake. The accomodations are far from elegant but worked out fine for our family while our son played in a baseball tournament at Dreams Park just 5 miles away.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HudsonValleyMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
August Lodge Cooperstown
August Lodge Cooperstown
#1 of 1 in Hartwick Seminary
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to The Hotel Pratt? Share your experiences!