“Great Experience”

Viator VIP: National Baseball Hall of Fame Private Museum Tour
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Cooperstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The National Baseball Hall of Fame is a nonprofit committed to preserving the history of America's pastime and celebrating the legendary players, managers, umpires and executives who have made the game a fan favorite for more than a century. Preserving History. Honoring Excellence. Connecting Generations.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our second time at the Hall of Fame and we can't wait to come back. The first time we came was during the summer and the crowds made if difficult to fully enjoy. Coming during the off season turned out to be the best for us. We came with our 3 and 6 year olds in tow and they loved it! They got to see Santa and make an ornament. My husband participated in the VIP Experience and is still gushing about his visit. Awesome and super friendly staff!

There are newer reviews for National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum

Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you like baseball and the history of the game, you must stop here and take the tour. Besides the plaques honoring the members of the hall, there is a wealth of material honoring the games's great players. Great for anyone who follows or has followed baseball.

1  Thank califken
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great attraction for baseball fans. If you love baseball, this is the place for you ! Nice location in the village of Cooperstown.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Shared a visit here with my best baseball friend to celebrate his birthday. We'd been planning on this for so long that I thought I might be disappointed. Not so. I was surprised at how much our wives enjoyed the exhibits and they are both nominal fans.

I think the hall does a great job of promoting the eras of great teams (Cards in the 40s, Reds in the 70s, Yankees in the 50s, etc.) with the history of the game and focusing on select legends (Ruth, Aaron, Jackie Robinson, etc.). The exhibits on Negro leagues, Hispanic baseball and women in baseball are all well done. By the way, I strongly recommend that ALL baseball fans passing through Kansas City take the time to see the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, extremely well done.

The art galleries were great and I must admit I enjoyed the "Who's on First" video as much as anything. The Hall with the plaques is impressive but as any serious baseball fan realizes, the stature of the inductees has been seriously diluted over time.

Never the less, I strongly recommend the HOF to even the most casual baseball fan and a :must experience" for the serious fan. I suggest attending off season.

1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't excited for this museum because I am not a huge baseball fan. Everyone told me the museum was "meh, it's okay."

I was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I like history and this museum is rich with it. I loved learning about baseball's early beginnings in the context of our country's history. The black history and baseball section was the highlight for me as well as the Hank Aaron section.

We spent about 3 hours here.