“If you like baseball, you will enjoy.”

National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
Viator VIP: National Baseball Hall of Fame Private Museum Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Cooperstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The National Baseball Hall of Fame is a nonprofit committed to preserving the history of America's pastime and celebrating the legendary players, managers, umpires and executives who have made the game a fan favorite for more than a century. Preserving History. Honoring Excellence. Connecting Generations.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“If you like baseball, you will enjoy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Museum has a lot of displays and info. Takes at least three hours at least to enjoy. Hall of Fame very impressive.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Cohoes, NY
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Visiting the National Baseball Hall of Fame is an amazing experience. I have traveled there several times, on my own, with kids, and with friends, too. Each time, I attend the museum, I am able to find something new to me. There is a wealth of information on America's favorite past time. The museum is attractive and I love the fact there is seating through out the exhibits so that if you need to relax for a bit, you can. Make sure you see the movie on the second floor is is about twenty minutes and is a great way to start or end your visit. Kids really enjoy the room especially for them: it has children's books, uniforms and the seats in the shape of a glove. As a friend of the Hall of Fame (I have an individual membership), I get in for free and get a discount in the gift shop, too.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank smartcookie1916
Scotch Plains, New Jersey, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must for all baseball fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

A pilgrimage to the Baseball Hall of Fame is a must for any fan of the game. Having been there many times, I can say that there is always something new and interesting to see. You must check their website for special events and consider becoming a member as it entitles you free admissions (depending on the level of membership, you can bring family and guests as well) to a yearbook, a subscription to the magazine "Memories and Dreams", discounts at the museum shop and discounts at participating businesses throughout Cooperstown. My annual membership pays for itself many times over.

Visited September 2012
Connecticut
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame- a real life Field of Dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

As one who has always had a special love of baseball, and as someone with 2 now adult sons, we have made many visits to the Hall of Fame, and to Cooperstown. The Hall truly lives up to its reputation as the mecca of baseball, and each visit is as enjoyable as if it was our first. The Hall is modern, varied, and its special exhibits always as interesting as its permanent exhibits. And the Hall itself is everything you would hope for.

Cooperstown itself is a scene from the 1950s of my childhood- it has a timeless quality that fits perfectly with the Hall, and as part of our routine, each time my sons and I arrived, we would first head straight to the park, a few blocks from Main Street, at the edge of Lake Otsego, and have our ritual baseball catch. There are some other interesting attractions to Cooperstown but we've never gone! And the country is beautiful.

To get there, I must drive 6 hours, and I would do so, and recommend doing so, without hesitation. One negative though- as for places to stay, there are only a few expensive,luxury options, or many below average options, and in the summer, even they are almost always booked. So we usually must stay in Oneonta, and drive back and forth each day.

Visited May 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Take me out to the ballgame”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Great place if you are a baseball fan of any age! Things for kids to do as well as tons and tons of baseball history! Favorite part fir me being a Yankees fan is how much history on the team is there!