“EIn Prosit!”

Dining options: Reservations
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“EIn Prosit!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Oktoberfest specials filled the air, sausages were very tasty, mildly seasoned, nice. White meatballs, a delight. Schnitzel,well, it wasn't the best I've had, but pretty damn good in the middle of nowhere. Saw the sign on the road and religiously followed the arrows to the location. All the accouterments were fine. You will be pleased.

• Visited October 2013

Binghamton, New York, United States
“Can't get enough of this place.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I really cannot get enough of this place!! The fact that it is so close to me... might be a problem. I love the hefeweizen (not a HUGE beer drinker) and I would gladly sit at the bar and drink a boot of it any day. Food is always delicious. I love the saurkraut and the veggie (I think it called that) platter which has every German side dish on it! Potato pancakes are great too!! AMAZING!! Love the manager, he's always so nice and friendly. Ugh... i really want a beer now.

• Visited September 2013
Hershey
“Missing the mark in so many ways- this should be a wonderful little out of the way restaurant.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were traveling thru the area and we saw the sign , so we swerved to the right to not miss this gem, should have kept going, as it is a diamond in the rough.
Upon entering the establishment, loud music filled the air, upbeat rock, so the server hurriedly turned it down. Which we appreciated the lower volume, but later when the owner changed to a german sound track to set the atmosphere, we found it annoying. We were the only ones in the place and the service was so slow. We were not really hungry at 2:30 in the afternoon , but just could not pass up the chance to check out a German restaurant. So we ordered, a giant gourmet pretzel with grainy mustard and the Old world weiner with red and white saurkraut on a crusty roll with mustard and German chocolate cake. When the server put the food on the table, the owner shows up and starts chatting, all the while my husband is eating his pretzel and my hot dog is getting cold. The pretzel turns out to be a pretzel found in many vending machines. The old world weiner is nothing like the true old world weiner, like the ones made by true Germans in Minnesota. So , we are disappointed with the food and waiting for what seems like 20 minutes for the cake, when the server shows up to ask if there was anything else we wanted. At this point , we said "No, just the check." knowing the cake is going to be 7.50 a piece and we would probably be disappointed.
What amazed my husband the most about this place, was the owner, telling us what to see in the area and then actually directing us to another restaurant in Binghamton (Remlik). I could overlook the food not being what we expected, I thought the place had a lot of charm, and probably draws huge crowds for the German beer, What amazed me was that the only bathroom( shared by men and women) has no curtain on the window and is very revealing since the window view is the dining patio.

• Visited September 2013
Canandaigua, New York
“A welcome change. Great experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel extensively and always try new privately run restaurants. Hallo Berlin was quaint and provided a welcome change for food choices. Have dined several times in Germany and believe Hallo Berlin provides a consistently good food choice in comparison. Ordered a wurst platter which came with a white bean and vegetable soup. The wurst was excellent and I enjoyed the sauerkraut. Although the red cabbage was good, I recognize deviations in the prep and seasoning by different chefs. The service was consistent and I enjoyed dining at the bar. Really appreciated the wide variety of beer choices. Will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
Smithville Flats, New York
“Great German Food, Great Owner”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate at the Hallo Berlin last night. As usual, the food was great. Owner is very personable, came out a few times to ask how the food was, then shook our hand as we left. Authentic German food, worth the drive.

• Visited August 2013