“More than Great BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Found Ricks Club American years ago in search of a place to eat before sending friends home on 287. That was almost 10 years ago.....The lunch salad still resonates in my mind and the BBQ platter was delectable. So return trips have been a part of my culinary adventures since. There have been the everyday nites with spectacular meals....the special family events when we were treated like royalty (not to mention great food served efficiently and professionally). And the best kept secret is the chef in the kitchen.... Dayo... who has trained under and worked for some of the best chefs in NYC and the metropolitan area. His pedigree is impressive and he carries that experience to the specials which appear on the handout separate from the menu. His gourmet offerings will rival any top end restaurant in NYC.And he shines with pride during the 8 course wine tasting extravaganzas,...so while Rick's Club American appears as a humble town BBQ joint with great food and great company, inder its roof resides a spectacular gourmet experience at surprisingly afforadble prices.

1  Thank BergenCountyGourmand
There are newer reviews for Rick's Club American

Reviewed August 4, 2012

First I was greeted by some very friendly girls working up at the hostess station. my waiter named James came to my table and informed me about the menu. He suggested I have the big bowl of mussels. It was a very large bowl of mussels with a cream shallots, wine sauce. Since james gave us a great recommendation with the appetizer we had his recommendation of the seafood jambalaya. It was sumptuous and James was spot on! I would recommend any couple or family to go to ricks because I loved it.

1  Thank Alicia A
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We always come into Rick's, but this time was special. I had the macaroni and cheese ( i love it, cause it's creamy) and my parents had the burgers. My father kept talking about them and said they must have changed them. He asked the waiter and yes they had in fact changed. Anyway, I'm writing this review because all of a sudden the guy at the table next to us, got down on his knees and proposed to his girlfriend, it was soooo cute. But it was the waiter that was impressive, he was so happy for this couple. He went over took there pictures, the whole bit, brought them a piece of cake. I don't know, maybe I'm just romantic, but it was special.... kudos to you Rick's, oh and it turns out the reason he proposed at Rick's was because that is where there first date was.

1  Thank donovan_janet2
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Good area rib joint. dependable and consistent. Been going there for years

2  Thank BPR18
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Ricks used to be good. This is the second time I've eaten there and my food came out when everyone else already finished. That's it. I'm done with that place!

2  Thank nina5888