“Extremely fine - best Sunday brunch anywhere”

Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Congers
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food is exquisite - compliments to Peter Kelly the celebrity chef. The Sunday Brunch is perfect for that celebratory special occasion - over 20 courses are served and your table is filled with wonderful desserts to sample - and all of the champagne, mimosa or kir royale you can drink. Its a one of a kind. Steak lover's should come and share the cowboy ribeye for dinner!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The 1/4 bagel w cream cheese and chopped lox is not worth serving. Waiters are not well trained and do not know or care what the menu items are. Cous cous was dry beyond belief. Too many missteps for my taste.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Group of four of us ate here a couple of weeks ago. Loved the menu and the food delivered. Fantastic service from the team working there. Do not hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although we haven't been there in over a year we have eaten there several different imps. One of Peter Kelly's restaurants, it has his excellent and creative menu, lovely decor and excellent food and service. Not a particularly quiet or intimate restaurant, it is still one of our favorites.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have had the wonderful opportunity of experiencing Peter Kelly's food for decades now and we were delighted many years ago when he took over the Bully Boy. We eat there regularly and we are never ever disappointed. We have been to brunches, done the fixed menus on various holidays and been to dinner with friends, extended family, kids, you name so many times I cannot even count. The food is wonderful and the service is amazing. The attention to detail is above and beyond. I love that he has kept the decor in keeping with the history of the building (reminds me of being in the UK). What prompted me to write is that on the last few visits we have done the "small" plates which are available in the area near the bar!! I love them. I am a foodie and often find having a appetizer and main course too much. The small plates solve the problem, I can have a lovely little assortment of mouth watering treats and not feel overdone at the end of the meal. I feel that you truly get your money's worth and more. I have lived in the county for over 20 years and don't know anywhere else you get the choice of oysters, etc., outside NYC. For those who complain or rate the restaurant low on price, I really don't get it . . . it is Michel star dining at less than NYC prices and the service is done so that guests can sit back and relax and not get the feeling of being rushed through their meal so the next group can be seated. However, if you are in hurry, if you tell the server, they will accomodate you. Peter and has group have really know how the art of fine dining works and they bring it every time!!!! Last time my son had a burger (available also in the bar area certain nights) and claimed it was the best burger he had ever eaten. The fries and slaw were amazing as well!!!