“Peter Kelly's cuisine is outstanding!”

Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Congers
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just love the service, ambience and convenient location for one of the best restaurant in Rockland County. The food is yummy, especially their specials. Go in the winter and enjoy their lit fireplace and wonderful drinks at the bar.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Especially when there's a chill in the air and the fireplace is roaring. Comfortable bar. My usual choice there is Peter Kelly's steak...always cooked perfectly. You can't go wrong. I never have and have been going there since 1974 (before PX Kelly actually).

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Being big fans of Peter Kelly and frequent patrons of his outstanding x2o in Yonkers, we crossed the Hudson, knowing that at the very least, the food would be worthy of his name. Since x2o is already the apex of style meets substance, we knew it would be a tough, if not impossible standard to meet.

Upon driving up, I was not too happy to see "Valet Parking". Although the parking lot is large, it is just a personal thing, but I'm sure a great convenience to most others. I just hate strangers driving my car and a nicety I could live without. It bears no reflection on the restaurant.

The atmosphere and decor are really not our style, but again, a personal taste. Having been spoiled by the modern decor and 270 degree Hudson views of x20, we really just don't like the "old musty cottage with frumpy Shaker chairs" theme. Again, it really doesn't matter, as we have come for the food.

Already having a reservation, we were seated promptly. We were handed menus and a wine list, but just placed them on the table. When the polite and friendly waiter approached, I told him that we already knew what we wanted. He must have not heard me, and proceeded to rattle off the detailed list of specials, and failed to mention the ONE that we had deliberately come for. "The Cowboy Steak for Two". I spoke, he paused, quickly recovered, and asked how cooked, color of wine desired and choice of 2 desserts.
The Cowboy Steak for Two is an incredible deal. Two Caesar salads, a 40oz prime ribeye, 2 glasses of wine 2 side dishes and 2 desserts, for a mere $80.00.
The salads arrived quickly, and were very good, cheese, anchovies and dressing good quality.
The specially selected companion red wine, freshly corked from a new bottle, was a little too sweet for my palate, but for most folks, I could see how the marriage would work well.
A chef emerged, and presented our beautiful 40 oz. brown sugar encrusted and charred Ribeye for approval. He beamed with pride as we smiled ear to ear, both saying "Oh, Yeah!" at the same time. He said he would carve it up and be right back. In the meantime, the waiter served up delicious creamed spinach and rich, creamy scalloped potatoes Gratin just as our prize returned. It was beautiful! Cooked to perfection, nice char, expertly sliced, and the delicious bone as platter backdrop.
This was the most sublime rib steak we had ever had, bar none. We are serious carnivores, and Mr. Kelly cuts no corners on quality. We were not disappointed! Delicious.

Dessert was excellent, but that is never a surprise at his restaurants. We ended with espresso, and were in heaven........

Though it was late, and service was over, staff was wonderful, never rushing us, though we were the last diners in the restaurant. Food quality and service at Kelly's "X-taurants" are always superlative, and are true gems.The waiter recommended we come for brunch sometime.
Don't worry.....we will be back!

1  Thank sittyslickers
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The well thought out menu, the care in food prep, presentation and taste make this place a treat. The homey but classy decor adds to a wonderful dining experience. Be sure to check out the magnificent Sunday brunch, also!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very good food. Portions somewhat small. Prices are high.