“The Candelight Diner in Commack is awful!”

Candlelight Diner Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 125 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was standing in the Commack Diner location of the Candelight Diner waiting for a seat. I was waiting for my girlfriend to get out of her car. I asked the gentleman hostee to seat me please as I have neuropathy in my feet and couldn't stand long. He ignored my request saying he had to wait for my friend to "be seen" by him. He seated another 2 people before me! Also, they don't give soda refills and the service was terrible. One hostess threw the butter at my friend onto the table! The food was very mediocre and the waitress wasn't very nice. They also gave us nothing when I told the waitress we had to WAIT TO BE SEATED!!

1  Thank Nina P

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visited LI after 40 years and was surprised and happy to see the Candlelight Diner was still there. The food was hot and very good. Waitstaff was very friendly.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The waitress seemed to be putout that she had to work. My first bite into a second half of an English muffin with nova and a poched egg, I have a very bad taste in my mouth. When I told the waitress she rolled her eyes then went to the hostess to chat. The owner came over and said "so nothing was wrong with the first half?" I was not looking for anything free! We paid the bill and as I walked to my car I got sick in the parking lot . I only regret not getting sick at the table.

2  Thank Carolann E
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Candlelight seems to have aged a bit lately. The service is still great but the prices seem to keep going up. They always have great breakfast and burgers although some of the dishes are a little odd and unexpected.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We know we can get a vast variety of brunch, lunch, dinner, or snack items at any hour at the Candlelight Diner. Good place for a long uninterrupted visit at lunchtime. Staff is at your service, attentive to fill an empty coffee cup, yet willing to give you time to visit if you indicate you are not in a rush!