“I want my baby back ribs...but not fro Applebee's!”
Review of Spare Rib

Spare Rib
Ranked #16 of 130 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to preface this review by letting you know that it is only for the ribs. I know that their sign says, "We Ain't Just Ribs," and many people have told me (including my wife) that there non-ribs food is delicious too; however, for over 20 years, I've been dining at The Spare Rib for one thing...their ribs! Their baby back ribs are sooo good! They are grilled perfectly to perfect level of "doneness." Okay, I do have to admit that I also love one of their other items: they make the best onion rings on Long Island!

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (141)

Reviewed February 21, 2020

I want to thank all the people at The Spare Rib located in Jericho Turnpike in Commack for outstanding service and food.

On 20 February 2020 I had purchased 30 individual lunches that included Prime Rib, Baby Back Ribs, Stuffed Sea Bass, Roast Turkey Sandwich and Mediterranean Kababs along with an assortment of starter, sides and desserts. The people there individually packaged each lunch with the person’s name and all their starters, sides, dessert and utensils that absolutely made distributing the meals a breeze. And to add that everyone received a hot meal that was perfect in every way. And what I mean is it taste great.

It was with the help of Rachel, Mike and Tracy that made it happen. I went down two days before with a printout and Rachel review the order with me to make sure we had everything correct. When I arrived to pick it up, they were ready when they said they would be. Told me to pull my car up closer to the door. Then 5 people carried out two big cardboard boxes and about 20 bags. Placed it all in my car and off I went.

They were great from beginning to end and everyone, all 30 people, said the food was excellent.

So, thank you for a great experience. Can’t wait to do this again.

Reviewed February 14, 2020 via mobile

First time eating here. Delicious food, friendly wait staff, great atmosphere. Will be back to enjoy another meal.

Reviewed February 3, 2020 via mobile

Portions are huge. Get multiple meals from leftovers if you enjoy leftovers. Bartenders made excellent mixed drinks, which was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

I went with my family and the hostess told me the waiting time was 30 minutes, and I waited at the bar after the 30 minutes I went to ask the hostess and they said to wait another 15 minutes , I asked for the manager and she said they gave me an estimated time , she was nasty and mean and she said it’s holiday weekend but people that come after me they sit down way before me . I only waited because I had my kids with me! Never again. Worst management the place is dirty too make sure you check your forks and knives if there clean horrible customer service!!!!

Date of visit: August 2019