“Reunion with great food”
Review of Spare Rib

Spare Rib
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

I was a regular at the spare rib 10 years ago. It was a weekly destination. Well I moved and it was not as easy to get to. I recently attended a retirement party and this was the chosen place. It was just as good as I remembered it. Fall off the bone ribs and chicken. Awesome Mac and cheese, homemade Cole slaw, warm and sweet corn bread. I could go on and on. Bottom line make the trip and be prepared for a finger liking good delicious meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We eat here about one or two times a year. The food for the most part is always good. Its a little pricey if you ask me, and there is always a wait on the weekends. Best for ribs, and BBQ, but also has good salads and my hubby loves the cornbread.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Cant believe people eat here- service was terrible, ribs were awful- salad, corn and fries were okay, otherwise I cant imagine anyone wasting their money on this food when there are so many better choices.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We used to frequent the Spare Rib a few years ago and always enjoyed it. There were 7 of us so there was a good variety of dishes ordered. We also ordered a combination appetizer platter and that was very good. Entree's ordered ranged from Chicken Cordon Bleu to the Beef Chop. I ordered the combo Stuffed Shrimp and riblets which for $2.00 were upgraded to a half rack of baby back ribs. The stuffing in the shrimp was mostly breading and I could not distinguish any seafood in it. The ribs were very disappointing. They were not "fall of the bone" and in fact were very tough. It seems they left out the part of cooking the ribs for extended hours to tenderize them. Another of our party order the beef chop which looked like a dinosaur spare rib. She said it was flavorful but also tough to chew. A third entree was the chicken cordon bleu which I tasted and found mediocre at best. Most of the entrees we ordered were in excess of $20.00 which have been absolutely worth it if we enjoyed them but were overpriced because they were just not very good. Despite our sentiments, I must say that the place was packed and even with a large parking lot, it was difficult to find parking. We had to wait till someone came out that was leaving to get their parking space.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We have been coming here for a long time and the food is always good. The service is descent depending who you get. The drinks however are not up to par. I normally have 2 drinks with diner and feel good. For some reason every time I come here after 2 drinks I feel as if I didn’t drink anything at all. Foods great service is good and will continue to come here.