“Pretty good and consistent, Overpriced”
Review of Spare Rib

Spare Rib
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 30, 2018

We eat here about one or two times a year. The food for the most part is always good. Its a little pricey if you ask me, and there is always a wait on the weekends. Best for ribs, and BBQ, but also has good salads and my hubby loves the cornbread.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Cant believe people eat here- service was terrible, ribs were awful- salad, corn and fries were okay, otherwise I cant imagine anyone wasting their money on this food when there are so many better choices.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We used to frequent the Spare Rib a few years ago and always enjoyed it. There were 7 of us so there was a good variety of dishes ordered. We also ordered a combination appetizer platter and that was very good. Entree's ordered ranged from Chicken Cordon Bleu to the Beef Chop. I ordered the combo Stuffed Shrimp and riblets which for $2.00 were upgraded to a half rack of baby back ribs. The stuffing in the shrimp was mostly breading and I could not distinguish any seafood in it. The ribs were very disappointing. They were not "fall of the bone" and in fact were very tough. It seems they left out the part of cooking the ribs for extended hours to tenderize them. Another of our party order the beef chop which looked like a dinosaur spare rib. She said it was flavorful but also tough to chew. A third entree was the chicken cordon bleu which I tasted and found mediocre at best. Most of the entrees we ordered were in excess of $20.00 which have been absolutely worth it if we enjoyed them but were overpriced because they were just not very good. Despite our sentiments, I must say that the place was packed and even with a large parking lot, it was difficult to find parking. We had to wait till someone came out that was leaving to get their parking space.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We have been coming here for a long time and the food is always good. The service is descent depending who you get. The drinks however are not up to par. I normally have 2 drinks with diner and feel good. For some reason every time I come here after 2 drinks I feel as if I didn’t drink anything at all. Foods great service is good and will continue to come here.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I regret coming here. At home, I smoke ribs. Five hours at 225 degrees. The meat should fall off the bone. The ribs were grizzly and overcooked. Server was very nice.

Date of visit: October 2017