“breakfast not to Hampton Inn standards”

Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Commack
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Okay, so you road warriors know that when the title is "breakfast is not up to Hampton Inn standards", this can't be good. Hampton Inn breakfast standards don't set the bar very high to begin with, how can it get much lower you ask? The only cereal options were Honey Nut cherrios and Corn Flakes.... there was no cut fresh fruit, the bananas ran out early and the oranges were dry. On the bright side the apples were individually wrapped. And, the breakfast araea was over crowded over day.

The rooms were spacious. The down side was the dark desk area built into the wall, leaving your back to the TV all night while you worked.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Alps110

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I didn't much sleep as the bed was very hard, couldn't do much work on the computer as the internet was very slow and I could barley check my emails. The shower had poor pressure and not much hot water. There also a pair of underwear that wasn't mine in the bathroom vanity.
The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mshal1984
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have stayed here on previous occasions. This Hampton Inn does not disappoint. We knew upon arrival we would be greeted by friendly staff and we were. We knew our room would be clean and it was. The breakfast buffet has fresh and varied choices for different eating preferences. Staff is very visible at all times. Easy on and off to the LIE. Near great pizzerias and bagel stores. A local diner is right next door. Didn't use the pool but did use the fitness room which worked for our short stay. This is our hotel of choice when our travels take us to Long Island. Plus, the price was within budget.

1  Thank Canomom
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. It was my first time staying at a Hampton Inn and it was a good experience! It was only for one night, however. Our room was very clean, spacious, and had everything you may need- iron, hair dryer, toiletries, and a clean coffee pot with wrapped cups to keep the germs away! The complimentary breakfast was perfect, especially for being complimentary. If you weren't satisfied with what they had, then you could walk to the diner next door. Last but not least, the service was great. The staff was helpful, friendly, and tolerant with our loud children. If I ever find my way back to Long Island, I would stay at this Hampton Inn. It was very nice, clean, and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while working in the area. I like staying at Hampton Inn hotels because they are almost always good hotels. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The hotel staff that checked me in wasn't very friendly but she wasn't rude. The hotel was nicely updated and clean. The room was spacious with two queen sized beds and a desk. The room and bathroom were neat and clean. They offered a complimentary simple buffet breakfast which was very good. They had a nice business center which had two computers and a printer/copy machine. There was a small indoor pool but no jacuzzi hot tub. There was also an exercise room but I didn't check it out or used it during my stay. The hotel is in a great location. There is a diner next to the hotel that you can walk to and there are several stores and restaurants a short drive away, also you are close to the Long Island Expressway. It was about a 30 minute or so drive to nearby beaches on the island. This was a very lovely hotel that I would recommend if you were staying in the Commack area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend to attend a family event. The hotel is indeed very convient to the LIE. The rooms are a good size and clean. They had a handicap accessible room for my Mom that was right next door to mine. We were located on the first floor which made it easy for my Mom to get to the lobby. The staff was nice and was very willing to answer questions. For me the best thing about this Hampton was that it is next door to a terrific diner which served great and generous portions. I don't love the Hampton Breakfast, so that made it great for us. You also are better off if you have a car at this location, which we did not. The beds are very firm, but it did not interrupt my sleep. Although the hotel was full of kids, we must of been in an area where they weren't which was great for us.

Room Tip: our first floor room eliminated waiting for the elevator
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed here twice now with my family of 5. It is one of the only places on Long Island where we have been able to find a reasonably priced room for 2 adults & 3 kids. The King suite is not huge but it is big enough to wheel in a roll-away bed and with the fold-out couch, we all fit comfortably. The breakfast buffet is nothing spectacular but it is good enough to meet our needs- cold cereals, yogurt, breads & pastries, oatmeal, fruit, juice, and couple of hot foods that vary each day. We have found the place to be quiet and clean- plus the indoor pool is great. Also, the diner right next door is quite good!

HOWEVER- THE BEDS ARE SOOOOO HARD!!! The first time we stayed here, our bed was pretty firm but it was only one night so I didn't really worry about it. On this last trip, we were there 3 nights and by the end of it, my shoulders and hips were aching! My bed at home is not especially soft but it does have a foamy top layer. I guess I have been spoiled because this bed at the Hampton Inn seemed like sleeping on concrete! I asked the front desk and they said that all of the beds in the hotel are the same. SO, I guess if you like a firm mattress, this place would be perfect for you! If not, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commack
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack? Share your experiences!