“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Smokey Bones

Smokey Bones
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Colonie
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have always loved their pulled pork but the quality has deteriorated over time. Now there's too many big chunks, fat and grizzle.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I convinced the husband to try this place with our 4-yr-old on Election Night after fulfilling our civic duty. When you vote in New York, everyone deserves beers. I got a combo plate with St. Louis ribs and brisket, and neither disappointed. (I think my SO preferred my St. Louis ribs to his Baby Back ribs.) My daughter loved her food, too. The baked potato was perfect, the mashed were tasty, and I like the slaw, too. We've been nearby for better than 10 years before trying Smokey Bones, but I anticipate a return visit inside a month. Their drinks specials are fantastic, too.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The ribs here are really very good for a chain restaurant. Once again, I have had better but these are sufficient. They have really good burgers as well and their nacho appetizer is yummy. The most standout item would be the smoked wings. They are better than any wings I have had before and have a very unique flavor. These are expensive but worth it. The drink prices and specials are great and allow for all types of people to enjoy a drink.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

we live 45 minutes away from this restaurant but we go there often because the food , atmosphere and people here are great. join their club and you earn points for money off your meal. the menu features chicken , pork , beef. (ribs, build your own burger) and they have a place in the menu where you can mix or match your meat and add 2 sides of your choosing. All meals come with calorie counts printed on the menu which I find very helpful for anyone who likes to eat out but is afraid of blowing the diet. The servers are friendly and helpful and the food in delicious and cooked to order. the amount of food is really good too, not a huge amount but enough to be pleasantly full for most everyone. full bar menu and the restaurant itself features high top tables , regular table , booths and seating at the bar. Its clean, lit just right and roomy so you don't feel crowded into the other people who are dining near you. I recommend this restaurant to all my friends. We are regulars.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stumbled upon restaurant on a Friday night. The number of cars in the parking lot suggested that it was a popular place. Good BBQ menu. I had the rib combo with St. Louis style and Baby Back ribs. Both were very good, fall of the bone, ribs with distinctly different flavors. My party also had pulled pork which was judged delicious. Staff was very friendly and made good menu recommendations.

Been to Smokey Bones? Share your experiences!