“Continues to please!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's been about 3 years since they first opened, and over 18 months since our last visit. The menu has changed some over that period of time. There are fewer variations of Moules et Frites available, but having kept what is probably their most popular version on the main menu, and offering a changing combination on their bi-weekly specials menu allows the kitchen to continue to show their talent.

We started with a pint of Keegan Mother's Milk draft ($5) and a glass of Javier Sanz wine ($8) to go with the Flat Bread Appetizer ($9) on the Specials menu - Caribbean jerk spiced shrimp, warm mango salsa, and cilantro sour cream. The shrimp was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of jerk spice that allowed all the flavors of the dish to be enjoyed.

My wife ordered the Crepe Special ($18.50) - Roasted chicken, asparagus, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, and their signature béchamel sauce. A very delicious combination of flavors, although the chicken was just the slightest bit, and I do me "slightest bit," dry.

I had the Mussel Special ($17.50) - Prince Edward Island mussels, sautéed onions, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, sweet and sour sauce, and fresh dill and of course, frites. As usual, I concentrated on some of the frites while they were nice and hot as I removed all the moules from their shells to bathe in the bowl of flavorful sauce. The frites are great when they are hot, but they are a little thinner than I prefer. Thus, they are more like shoe-string fries, very crispy on the outside with little room for soft potato texture on the inside. The mussels were perfectly cooked, nice and tender and clean. I had to ask for an addition piece of bread because there was so much broth left in the bowl that I didn't want to go to waste. As it was, I had already put some of my now cooled down fries, and the ones left over on my wife's plate, into the broth to try and soak up some of that delicious flavor after all the moules had been eaten.

We finished with a double Espresso ($2.75 + $1) which was large by espresso standards. Service was pleasant and prompt. I do feel obligated to point out that the prices on the web page for the entrees we ordered do not agree with our bill. Online prices were a dollar less for one dish and fifty cents less for another. Since the Specials menu changes every 2 weeks I would think that this would have been noticed. Overall, the food is really very good.

1  Thank Roger K

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I have been dining at Garden Bistro 24 since the week it opened. It has only gotten better. Just returned from another absolutely delicious dinner and thought it was time to officially review it!

The menu is small-ish (has gotten bigger over the years) but very well-thought out. I'd much rather have a smaller menu of food that is prepared exceptionally than a huge menu of mediocre food. The steaks are extremely flavorful and tender, and are always cooked exactly to how I've requested it. The salads are fresh and unique; the homemade dressings tasty. The homemade soups, especially the winter and fall bisques, are out of this world. The mussels are fresh and very well prepared. And of course, the frites are the best.

The service is always wonderful and they have always been accommodating with special requests.

Definitely a stand-out dining experience, all around, in the area.

1  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been to this Little Bistro 4 times . The Food is Excellent, and the Dessert is Amazing !! The Service is the Best that I've ever had . We will continue eating at this Establishment !!!!
We also heard that they will be opening another Bistro in the near future . Can't wait to stop by at the new location when done !!!!

1  Thank Tammy T
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here at least 5 times now. The specials are fantastic. The food is fresh and the service is prompt and attentive. 5 times now and we haven't been disappointed once. Most of the time we end up getting whatever's on special and haven't had a bad meal. it's a small place but it's never overwhelmingly busy either. Great place for couples.

1  Thank Isaiah S
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Once again, we were not disappointed by the Garden Bistro. Located in a dull strip center on Central Ave., this restaurant is worth the trip for lunch or dinner. The choices are mouth watering, the service is excellent, and the evening was delightful. Our group had steaks, mussels, and the fish special, and everyone was extremely happy. Their are often choices of sauces which makes dishes exactly how you like it. The fries are fantastic, too. I've been there for lunch and dinner, and each visit is satisfying.

1  Thank sheilal921