“Closest Authentic Italian Resto in Subic”
Review of A Tavola

A Tavola
Cuisines: Italian
zambales
“Closest Authentic Italian Resto in Subic”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The closest thing you can get to Italian dining in Subic (forget Xtremely and Cambusa). The pizza are good, devoid of the usually overloaded toppings you get to eat at faux italian restaurant. And authentic enough to be baked in a real italian wood oven. If you're not starving, do not order the pastas. Servings are hefty, the way true italian food should be. I love that the menu has a take on dorado and lapu-lapu.

Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and losed in the afternoon. I think after 2pm to 5pm.

1 Thank twilightgurl

subic
“Good food, awfull service”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

So, trip advisor was the first place that showed up when I searched for places to eat in Subic. The first Place, Le Jardin, was a disaster (read my review), so we headed to one of my favourite places, A Tavola. I have been here several times before, and been happy. But of course, who cares to write a review if things go well. Anyway, the food was fine, etc etc etc. However, I ordered a Jarvelle sparkling water from the menu. I even pointed to it. They bring me a Jarvelle flat water. Now, I don't read Italian so I had no idea it was flat until after I opened it. Also, the menu didn't even show a Jarvell flat water, so I have no idea how this could be my mistake. But no big deal, so I sent it back. The bill comes to just over 2,000 pesos, and when I look over the bill, they had charged my for the water. I brought the "error" to the waitresses attention, expecting an apology. Instead, we end up with a dispute over the 90 pesos for the water. Now, why would any reasonable person dispute this with me. First, 90 pesos it a lot less than the tip I would leave. Second, when an embarassing situation is created, I can never come back. And third, it was not even my mistake! What a shame.

1 Thank portbarton