“Best Hotel in Subic So Far”

The Lighthouse Marina Resort
Reviewed March 24, 2014

After reviewing more than 10 hotels in Subic, this is still the best hotel for me. The amenities, facilities, rooms, view, service, food, etc., justify its price. You will never go wrong with Lighthouse!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank icaarr

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for 1 night at the beginning of March we was treated to lovely service from all the staff, the room and the food was of excellent quality.The bed was very comfortable resulting in a great nights rest.

Great hotel, would certainly recommend it to friends and relatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My parents recently celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows at the resort. It was a bit expensive for 30 people and we are really paying for the brand name. However, our consultant assured us that they deliver. And deliver they did. We opted for a sunset ceremony and reception however the weather wasn't agreeing with us. So the backup set up was used. The best part? The crew had to change the venue 4 times! They had already prepared the beach front venue when our consultant decided to move it indoors when it looked like it was going to rain but when we came in, my dad wanted to move the venue back outside as the weather was clearing up. Then, after a few minutes of setting up outside, the weather didn't let up again so finally, we decided to stay indoors. I felt so sorry for the crew who had to sweat it out carrying the all the equipment needed. We were so satisfied with the service.
To top it all off, the management's gift to my parents was a performance from one of the best musicians in the country!

It was just a shame we didn't get to stay there as they were fully booked but I'll make sure to visit the next time I go back to the Philippines.

I will surely come back to Lighthouse Marina for my own special day! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kareena Jane M
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Thanks to Google and the hotel's website, I have found my private dream beach wedding that is close to my hometown, Angeles City Pampanga. My initial choice was Anvaya Cove in Morong Bataan because I was impressed with the pictures I saw from a friend's FB pics post. But thank goodness to their private community, strict policy and sucky customer service that I didn't bother to move forward with them since I only have 4 months to plan while I'm almost halfway across the world! It's pretty much the "who you know" that gives you the first priority there... Then voila, there goes my first "subic-private-beautiful-beach-wedding" google search result: THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL :) I have travelled and stayed at many hotels and so far, the Lighthouse has THE best customer service that I've ever had. I already fell inlove from the moment I was taken seriously (via email) by their event coordinator or sales officer Ms. Jonalie Sola. If I would own a hotel, I would hire Ms. Jonalie because she is the perfect example of excellent customer service. She has represented the Lighthouse hotel so well. My dream wedding happened through exchanges of email ONLY. I loved how Ms.Jonalie has provided her consistent service even though I never bothered to communicate with her over the phone for formality. I trusted her on how she trusted me in making my big day happened...and IT DID! Aside from Ms. Jonalie, I would like to thank Chris Dumlao, Rey Reyes and the other staff for doing such a great job in preparing our wedding. Your professionalism and friendliness make me feel at home. Speaking of home, I love the privacy concept of the hotel. Less and quiet guests, polite staff, amazing view, yummy food esp the complimentary breakfast, live music for dinner at the hotel's restaurant, quick room service, complimentary snacks, clean suite rooms, and good location...it's like living at my dream house! Yes, the Lighthouse hotel may be small in size but that's what I like about it. It's quiet and private where you can relax and escape from the bustle of life. I could stay there forever or at least come back everytime I would visit Subic :) The only 2 things that I would like to suggest for now is a fitness center, and a faster wi-fi service then everything will be 100% perfect. I wasn't sure if they had a spa facility. If they did, I will def try it when I come back! We stayed there for 4 days and I miss everything about the hotel already. It's worth every penny! Thank you again for the relaxing stay, outstanding service and the perfect #MenesesEsguerraPIwedding2014 that your hotel has given me and my family. I am so blessed, God is good all the time! I can't wait for the Lighthouse 2 in Boracay :) More power to you guys and God bless!

3  Thank Khay_M_Esguerra
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We actually reserved a room in Vista Marina but there was a problem with the reservation so we decided to stay in The Lighthouse.

They were able to accommodate us even if we did not reserve any room. Service was excellent. Food was great!! Room (Aqua Terrace) is big and very clean!!

A highly recommended hotel to stay in Subic.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The best place to stay in Subic. We stayed for 2 nights, service is excellent. The view from the room is very relaxing. The complementary breakfast is very good and the place is near the downtown area so you have easy access to all available restaurant in the area.

1  Thank bobbycjr
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Me and my now fiancé stayed here for 4 nights during our visit to see my fiancé family. The hotel from the outside is great to look at and the fountain court just a few metres away is very romantic at night with the lights on. We did want a higher grade room however this was not possible as the hotel said they were full, which I don't doubt but we barely saw any one during our stay. The room was a very good size and the bathroom was fab (only niggle is very small balcony). We receive a welcome drink of ice tea cocktail which I loved. My fiancé organised with the hotel on the 1st night for rose petal and swans to be made up on the bed which was very romantic. We also got complimentary brownie delivered to us that came with the VIP room we purchased. This is where we had a problem we found in the morning where the mini bar/food table is there were hundreds of white spiders everywhere, I am so scared of creepy crawlies its ridiculers. My fiancé called down to reception to get it sorted as he wasn't happy as he paid ALOT of money to stay here and didn't think it was good enough that we had these as they were coming from behind a mirror (nowhere near a door) with a hole behind it. A maid did come up straight away and sprayed/cleaned all over and thankfully didn't see any more. The hotel then gave us our massages for free which we had booked as an apology which was very nice of them. Breakfast was a struggle for myself as I am a fussy English eater however for my Filipino fiancé he loved it. We wasn't keen on the beach as not a great one. My fiancé and the hotel organised a sailing trip which is where my fiancé proposed to me. We did venture out to the mall which was ok and on an evening we did eat at an American eatery which was very good. We did have an issue with the bill, because everything is put on your room card I wanted to pay it off as we went along so on the second/third day I remember to ask for the bill to pay it and they had it priced up 13000 peso more then it should of been. The items were correct of what we had and the price of the items correct but the total when I added them in my head was incorrect to the total they had. The reception looked in to this and sorted it out and apologised.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple