See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 6 got 2 private rooms with extra bed each. The room is small but clean. a/c is cold and it has a cable flat tv. The only uncomfortable part for my mom is when she wants to go to the comfort room at night since the whole hotel shares common comfort and bathroom (men have a different comfort and bath from women) that is located at the end of the hallway. Despite this issue the staff are friendly and attentive and they always clean the common areas as well as the bath and cr.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank j0hncarl0fernando
Reviewed April 20, 2017

The Cabin is not a hotel, nor even a motel, or a boutique inn, in the strictest sense, but it is a backpacker's delight - homey atmosphere, cozy and neat rooms, green spaces where you need them, and lovely decors to look at. Very cheap rates and very few options, one can only choose between a private room that has a double bed (900 pesos for 1, plus additional 200 if 2 in a room), or a dorm bed (shared with 9 others, or if you are lucky, you are only two or three in the room, at 550 per pax). The private rooms are named after the grandchildren of the owner, who also owns Subic Park Hotel (where a complimentary pass to the swimming pool is available for The Cabin's guests).

One of the grandchildren is the 2016 Miss International Kylie Verzosa, after whom No.1 room is named. Opposite this room is No. 2 named Kevin, which I recommend if Kylie room is occupied. The private rooms are basic, with just a table and dresser with mirror, but provided with clean sheets and towels, and the cable TV and aircon work well. Bathrooms are common, one for the ladies, and at the far end of the hallway, another for the gents, with 3 shower rooms, separate from 3 toilets. The hot and cold showers are provided with bath gel dispenser, and lots of hooks for your stuff. Wifi is strong everywhere, even in the backyard gardens. The living room is airy and welcoming, and the dining area beside it is great for breakfasts and snack time. When we went there, all we needed was a place to sleep, and what we found is a home away from home.

Room tip: Choose Kylie or Kevin rooms, No. 1 or 2.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank famverzosa
Reviewed February 5, 2017

I was looking for a place to stay while in Olongapo and happen to pass this hut. I was intrigued since I remember it as an abandon storage of some sort when I was still working inside SBMA and was surprised they had converted it to a "cute" lodge.

The makeover was nicely done. The price is reasonable especially if you are just looking for a place to sleep. There are several room options but I choose the "deluxe" over the dorm type. They only have common CR but it's ok if you're not with your family.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Eden P
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

Clean and cozy private and dorm rooms. Communal bathrooms are decent and have hot showers. Walking distance to dining areas, convenience stores, and beaches. Good value for money. Staff is corteous and polite as well.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank HansMD
Reviewed March 17, 2016

I have researched a lot of hotels inside Subic and I landed on this Inn, which is so affordable and very near to our destination.

I had doubts on what they can offer as we are first timers in Subic. I have heard that Subic is a bit expensive when it comes to rates and prices compared to other provinces but I after I did my research, the city is not that bad.

What I liked about the venue is its strategic location to our venue, the clean environment and surroundings, impressed not to see a lot of trash... as expected inside Subic... fresh air...not much cars passing by in front. The venue has ample garage for its guests. It has a simple reception area and dining area, which aircondition is not needed as the air around the hotel is not polluted as there are trees around, which gives shade. What we needed was a clean and comfortable place to stay for the night as we will be mostly out during the day, which they have delivered, from the bed to the room to the toilet and comfort room. Our family is used to traveling backpacker style (couple and 1 kid), so comfort is not really our top priority. As long as we have fun in our trip and not compromising our budget, then we are satisfied with it. We brought along toiletries, but they have basic toiletries like bath gel in the shower, hand soap in the sink and tissue paper in the toilet. There is 1 female common bathroom (3 cubicles for toilet and 3 cubicles for shower with 2 showers that has hot water), while there are 2 male common bathrooms. Therefore, one needs to bring along his/her new clothes when taking a shower as he/she needs to change right after taking a bath. They do have some snacks and drinks for sale such as sodas, biscuits, coffee, noodles, chips... backpacker style...and not the complicated sandwiches and dishes....other toiletries also like toothpaste...conditioner are for sale.

One of the most interesting things that I had experienced was that no matter how small and cozy their hotel is....compared to the luxurious hotels that I have been to.... but they never failed to reach out and extend their Filipino hospitality to their fellow Filipinos. I would like to commend their receptionists Charlie and Ruby (I think these are their names) and the guy assistant who kept on attending to our bags for accommodating me and my family as well as my other family members who arrived 2 days after we checked in. They were able to attend to our requests as we really wanted to have a private room instead of the dorm type but unfortunately, there was no available room when we made our online booking so we settled for the dorm type for 3 nights in our booking but Charlie made a way to get us a room for 2 nights. My family and I were happy and relieved to get a private room. For Miss Ruby, she was able to settle my mother's booking, which had a problem with the online booking but was later on fixed. Thank you so much!

To all backpackers, whether family, friends or colleagues is recommended for you!

Date of stay: March 2016