“Peaceful Weekend Getaway!”

Segara Suites
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
“Peaceful Weekend Getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

So I just left the Segara Suites about 3 hours ago for a nice little weekend getaway from work. I loved it there. Yes there are a few things that I could easily complain about, but at the end of the day, the place was great! I loved the huge bed! I haven't slept so comfortably in God knows how long. The shower was huge and spacious, I felt like it was another room! The WiFi could have been faster, the videos were kind of grainy when trying to Skype with family back home, but they seemed to be able to see me clear as day with no issues. The staff there is amazing, especially in the restaurant! I went in around 11:30 for lunch and no one was in there. So the manager came out and personally recommended a meal for me which was incredible. I have't spent a night in a hotel in a long time, and this was place was the perfect way to end that drought! There won't be any rude comments coming from me about the Segara Suites, you guys were amazing!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Quezon City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is not my first review of Segara Suites. I actually gave them a fair review the last time I stayed here last November. I still retain my perspective of this B&B -- it still is a quiet, quaint place to stay in.

However, what really earned my ire this time around when I stayed overnight from May 1-2 is the 7am breakfast wake up call to advise us that our breakfast was ready. Note that the phone ringer is not exactly the silent type. It really jolted me out of my slumber (I slept really late, around 2am). You can imagine my crankiness when I trooped down to the Asian Spices resto for breakfast. I sure did give a mean stare to the wait staff because when I got there, much to my surprise, it took them 10 minutes to bring out the food! The waitress even had the gall to tell me that the food was being reheated because we were late.

To begin with, what hotel would call their guests so early in the morning to advise them that breakfast is ready? I would like to have breakfast at my own discretion! I don't need a wake up call for it!

I understand that the kitchen was just trying to keep the efficiency of their serving time. Sure... i get that... But I hope they don't do it at the expense of their guests' privacy. Most sane guests like me would expect a reasonable amount of serving/ preparation time anyway since the choice of breakfast is plated/ pre-ordered from the night before.

I sincerely hope Segara changes this policy of theirs as I don't look forward to this "service" the next time that I visit. Else, they might get a tongue lashing of a lifetime from their sleep-deprived guest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrscalara
manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We booked for an overnight stay for our anniversary. Upon arriving at around 3PM, the receptionist asked me to sign a conforme to some sort of house rules (which I intended to read entirely but i felt the receptionist was expecting me to just sign it without reading, so I did). I was able to read one line though - it stated that they had no room service. So ok, we just have to go down to the in house restaurant for our late lunch. When we got to our room, we settled our stuff and sat on the chairs, when all of a sudden we heard our door being opened with an electronic key! I was stunned to see a male staff open the door --and he was surprised to see us as well. He apologised and quickly left. We called the receptionist and told her what happened, we asked if they didn't advise the rest of their crew that our room was already booked, for someone to be doing that. Good thing we were just sitting and busy with our phones -- I would definitely sue the hotel if they opened the door and saw us in a compromising situation.
Since we didn't want to ruin our anniversary, we just headed down to the restaurant to have lunch. We food we ate for lunch was just ok, nothing special.
When we got back to the room, there was a strange smell that filled the room. We informed their staff about it and they were quick to offer us a solution -- an air filter/ionizer.
We got to do some work because their internet connection was fast enough. When it was already 9pm, we called the front desk to ask if the restaurant was still open, and they said yes, til 10pm, last order was 9:30. However, when arrived at around 9:10, we were told they were already closed. We told them we are told that the rest closes at 10. They said they closed earlier because they were conducting a fumigation. I wish the front desk knew that piece of information so that we didn't bother to go there and went somewhere else.
After dinner we wanted to watch a movie because they had DVDs we could RENT at around 80 pesos i think. Yes, it was not complimentary like in other hotels.
The rooms are not sound proof. I can hear voices from the other room at 3am. They were just talking, not shouting -- but we can hear them.

The bed was big and they had a lot of pillows and that is only the nice thing I can remember about this hotel. I also remember seeing a baby cockroach on the television stand. The comfort room was ugly, and the tiles looked dirty. There was no bath tub too.

The breakfast included was a set meal, and what I hate about it is that it seemed like it was just heated in a microwave oven. The poached egg has its yolk already hard - very frustrating.
Saw a glimpse of the swimming pool - it was a little murky and I saw some small leaves floating.

Upon check out we asked the front desk to have someone assist us with our stuff, and someone indeed assisted us, but my partner had to go get the car first, and she told the staff to wait for her. I was at the front desk settling the bill, and I saw my partner arrive with the car, but the staff who assisted us was nowhere to be found -- so I got some of the things and put it in the car, hoping the staff would return. He was back but he wasn't paying attention that I was already putting all the stuff to our car. I didn't bother asking for his help, because we expected him to help us until we got everything to the car and we were good to go, but no one helped us even if he was right there, chatting with another front desk personnel. My partner saw me carrying all the stuff and she confronted the staff because he didn't help me. I got back to the front desk to settle the bill, but it still wasn't ready, which was also frustrating. I even heard one receptionist say over the phone "I need extra help here, there's a VIP" -- referring to another guest which they probably had all their attention to - forgetting simple folks like us.

I kept thinking we wasted our 6,000 pesos on this hotel -- whereas I know another hotel nearby where we can get our money's worth. We tried this just to give it a shot -- but now we know they give terrible service and bad food -- we will never ever stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room with an adjoining room -- noise can pass through more
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bb_bud

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here when we attended the PMMA alumni homecoming in Zambales. We live in Paranaque so our travel time was about 4 hours thru NLEX SCTEX. The drive thru SCTEX was a little bit scary specially at night. The roads are not that well maintained but there were several road repairs which made our trip a little bit scary. But we arrived at Segara at 8pm safely. The hotel is located in a secluded area making it look a little bit exclusive. If you want peace and quiet...this is the place. The only cars that pass thru are the ones who are staying at the hotel. We checked in and we had dinner at their resto which closes at 9pm. The food and the price is ok. The bed that we got was comfy had a little adjustment with sleeping. The bathroom was spacious and the hot and cold water supply was really good (nice pressure). We just have to inform them that we did not have towels and free bottled water which was immediately remedied. They have cable TV and they clean the room everyday. They have a swimming pool that looks good but i wasnt able to take a dip. Breakfast was just ok the usual filipino breakfast or the american breakfast.

I would probably come back to this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights and the family had a good time here.

The room is spacious with a big bed and nice room amenities. Though the bath did not have a tub, it was nice and clean.

The pool was great and the kids enjoyed the fountain like spouts it had.

Breakfast is good enough, at least coffee here was brewed and the resto had a nice ambiance to it.

Only bad thing i can say was that the room's soundproofing can be improved. You hear all the corridor noise easily when in the room.

But definitely, i would be returning and recommending Segara suites if you plan to be in Subic.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family stayed here for my parents' renewal of vows as our preferred hotel was booked out. I don't think I got my money's worth here though. I've stayed in far more cheaper hotels than this but the service and quality was way better.

Firstly, the hallway was very dark. Being economic? I don't think so. The staff were really nice and very professional which is a huge plus. The rooms were spacious and clean. There were no chairs and table in room 101 but the others have it. The beds were nice and comfortable, too many blankets though that we were kicking the covers off in the middle of the night. The iron and ironing board were laughable too! My main issue was the bathroom. It was a bit bland. No vanity kit, no sanitary bag, towels and bath mats were stained. Worst of all? No hot running water in the shower!!! I paid for a 5star hotel but got a 3-4star quality.

Breakfast was alright. I'm a balikbayan so I preferred the Pinoy brekkies and was satisfied. A plus point was I had to pay for the extra people in the rooms and their breakfast was already included.

I think I was the only who was complaining as the rest of the family were quite happy. It's just that we've stayed in better hotels in Manila or somewhere else that was cheaper.

I would probably come back or probably not!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

It's just but unfortunate that this hotel was accepting guest inspite of repairs being done inside the hotel hallways. I phoned reception numerous times about the noise of the repairs. Receptionist was apologetic however, i feel that if the manager has a common sense, he or she would not be accepting guests until all repairs were done. I absolutely feel it was so unfair for all the guest. I suddenly got a terrible headache. My first time in subic and there's nothing to do here for us. I think this hotel is so so but perhaps other people would recommend this hotel but definitely not me. I wouldn't even want to do this review if it not for my complain about the noise of the repairs. I would be sleeping here tonight as it would take a long drive back to Manila. Currently as i write the noise is still on going- electric cutter going...

• Stayed February 2014
#2 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
#9 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Segara Suites? Share your experiences!