“Relaxing”

Segara Suites
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here when we attended the PMMA alumni homecoming in Zambales. We live in Paranaque so our travel time was about 4 hours thru NLEX SCTEX. The drive thru SCTEX was a little bit scary specially at night. The roads are not that well maintained but there were several road repairs which made our trip a little bit scary. But we arrived at Segara at 8pm safely. The hotel is located in a secluded area making it look a little bit exclusive. If you want peace and quiet...this is the place. The only cars that pass thru are the ones who are staying at the hotel. We checked in and we had dinner at their resto which closes at 9pm. The food and the price is ok. The bed that we got was comfy had a little adjustment with sleeping. The bathroom was spacious and the hot and cold water supply was really good (nice pressure). We just have to inform them that we did not have towels and free bottled water which was immediately remedied. They have cable TV and they clean the room everyday. They have a swimming pool that looks good but i wasnt able to take a dip. Breakfast was just ok the usual filipino breakfast or the american breakfast.

I would probably come back to this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights and the family had a good time here.

The room is spacious with a big bed and nice room amenities. Though the bath did not have a tub, it was nice and clean.

The pool was great and the kids enjoyed the fountain like spouts it had.

Breakfast is good enough, at least coffee here was brewed and the resto had a nice ambiance to it.

Only bad thing i can say was that the room's soundproofing can be improved. You hear all the corridor noise easily when in the room.

But definitely, i would be returning and recommending Segara suites if you plan to be in Subic.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family stayed here for my parents' renewal of vows as our preferred hotel was booked out. I don't think I got my money's worth here though. I've stayed in far more cheaper hotels than this but the service and quality was way better.

Firstly, the hallway was very dark. Being economic? I don't think so. The staff were really nice and very professional which is a huge plus. The rooms were spacious and clean. There were no chairs and table in room 101 but the others have it. The beds were nice and comfortable, too many blankets though that we were kicking the covers off in the middle of the night. The iron and ironing board were laughable too! My main issue was the bathroom. It was a bit bland. No vanity kit, no sanitary bag, towels and bath mats were stained. Worst of all? No hot running water in the shower!!! I paid for a 5star hotel but got a 3-4star quality.

Breakfast was alright. I'm a balikbayan so I preferred the Pinoy brekkies and was satisfied. A plus point was I had to pay for the extra people in the rooms and their breakfast was already included.

I think I was the only who was complaining as the rest of the family were quite happy. It's just that we've stayed in better hotels in Manila or somewhere else that was cheaper.

I would probably come back or probably not!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

It's just but unfortunate that this hotel was accepting guest inspite of repairs being done inside the hotel hallways. I phoned reception numerous times about the noise of the repairs. Receptionist was apologetic however, i feel that if the manager has a common sense, he or she would not be accepting guests until all repairs were done. I absolutely feel it was so unfair for all the guest. I suddenly got a terrible headache. My first time in subic and there's nothing to do here for us. I think this hotel is so so but perhaps other people would recommend this hotel but definitely not me. I wouldn't even want to do this review if it not for my complain about the noise of the repairs. I would be sleeping here tonight as it would take a long drive back to Manila. Currently as i write the noise is still on going- electric cutter going...

• Stayed February 2014

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

A nice boutique hotel in a great location. It's just a short ride away from restaurants like Meat Plus, Yellow Cab, duty free and Harbor Point. Quiet and secure surroundings. There is ample covered parking for guests. The choices for breakfast are great especially for kids. They had cereals, spam, bacon and fresh juices and hot chocolate. The waiters were so accommodating. We had a problem in our toilet - clogged bowl but the service recovery was quick. We were given another room right away. Thank you for the handyman Harvey for an excellent assistance. The pool was just right for children. We hope that the management will make efforts and budget for its upkeep.

Room Tip: Rm 205 is a good choice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

i like our stay in segara suites. the rooms are big and the beds are very comfy. but when i lay down in my bed i saw some cobwebs at the corner of the ceiling which i immediately told the front desk. their food is average. but will surely return. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Suites is interconnected with the next door Segara Villa. We had our meals in Villa, and the pools are at the Villa. There is a back door from Suites that lead to the Villa. Our room and bathroom were big. Comfortable beds, nice TV mounted on the wall. Bathrooms were not as clean as I wished though. The corridors were all with scents you smell in spas. Although the area is right beside the harbor, it was relatively quiet, even though both of the Philippine navy's frigates they bought from the US Coast guard were parked there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
#9 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Segara Suites? Share your experiences!