“Clean rooms, excellent location and friendly staff”
Review of Mango Valley Hotel

Mango Valley Hotel
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very happy with our overnight stay at Mango Valley III. I would definitely recommend. Location is a block away from Harbor Point mall and easy access to many restaurants. Clean and well-maintained rooms. Friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aileen E

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days and its very comfortable that it feels like home.

They allowed me to check in early at 11am instead of 2PM. Hotel staffs are very accommodating and friendly. They offer me room cleaning everyday though they don't replenish toiletries, its clean and comfy. I also like the interior, it's sort of wooden but modern.

Place- its very accessible. Walking distance from Harbor Point, Restaurants and Night Life at SBMA. There are few parking spaces in front, in which, some are reserved for condotel unit owners. But they are alert in assisting you for parking.

Prices-The rate is very affordable. Its even cheaper than other budget hotels in Subic but the rooms are really good (base on my review of over 10 hotels in Subic). (One queen Size Bed plus one Single Size bed). Though prices are exclusive of breakfast, when I arrived they have promo of free one (1) breakfast everyday which suits me since I am alone. The serving was good with choice of fruit juice or coffee/choco.

Amenities- There are no much amenities with this hotel since it is designed for tourist on-the-go or the one who just need a place for comfortable sleep after shopping and night life. And some are from work-since they have condotel which is on monthly basis. Though they have fitness center (complimentary use for hotel guest) and ballet room. Wifi also works well even if I'm at the 3rd floor and quite far from the router.

Overall, I would definitely go back here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank icaarr
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel for our 3D/2N Subic honeymoon. If you're familiar with Harborpoint Mall, then this hotel is just a stone's throw away from there.

Upon arriving, we were immediately checked in though it was still an hour before 2PM. Stayed at Mango Valley 2 with our own garage underneath the room. Room was huge -- a separate foyer, king size comfy bed, wooden floors, cute window seat, LCD TV, in-room safe, huge closet space, a humongous peekaboo bathroom with rain shower and bidet with honest-to-goodness strong spray!

Thoughtfulness was shown in ample toilet provisions - soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste.

Breakfast was hearty - your choice of Filipino or continental breakfast complete with the usual morning drinks and even a bottle of Yakult. No complaints here. However, I suggest you eat out for the other meals not because of the quantity (the serving's HUGE), but because the other items in the menu taste bland.

Only downside is the presence of mosquitoes in the garage, the foyer, the room. Hotel staff provided us an electric repellent but it left the room smelling like insecticide. No worries, we just bought aerosol freshener to counteract the smell. But if you're angsty about dengue fever, the mosquito colony may leave you a bit queasy... Maybe the problem's seasonal, though.

For the price we paid for (super affordable!), definitely worth a repeat visit, even with the bugs. ;)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cessy A
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here overnight and was impressed by the room and service. I love the interior (of my room) may be because I am partial to wood furniture. The door that leads to a veranda and garden was just the perfect place to hang out for morning coffee. Even the mattress, pillows and comforter contributed to my good night's sleep in this hotel. The bathroom matches the interior of the bedroom and it's huge. Free breakfast was "eat all you can". But the best part was that they allowed us to check out late, gave us additional two hours. I paid extra because we overstayed for three more hours but did not mind. Those extra two hours were a big help and showed how considerate they were. It was my first time to stay in a hotel at Subic and Mango Valley did not disappoint me.

Room Tip: The room where we stayed in was at the ground floor and comes with a veranda.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. The service was excellent. The breakfast was generous and tasty. The only minuses: no elevator, no bathrobes in the closet and there was a bloodstain on the sofa in my room. I complained and the sofa cover was replaced.

Room Tip: If you are elderly, make sure you get a room on the ground floor. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend to enjoy and explore Subic Bay and Bataan. Arrived around six in the evening and pleasantly found that the hotel was located near Harbor Point and other restaurants and shops. And even with its central location, it was hidden away behind a couple of commercial buildings from the road which provided us with some peace and quiet at night. The room we stayed in at Mango Valley 2 were huge just for two people with the bathroom being larger than most hotels we've stayed in the Philippines. It was obvious that the hotel was quite new and well maintained. While they had a price list for the minibar, I was delightfully surprised that the fridge was empty and unplugged which allowed me to stuff it with my own drinks and snacks. Breakfast came with our package and was surprised that it was an unlimited a la carte affair. You could choose any number of set meals and drinks from their menu provided you could eat all of it. Because of that, we thought that their servings were small since it was something that was too good to believe. So I chose their tocino meal and a bowl of porridge and was taken back by the huge serving size. Since I had already ordered the meals, I felt obligated to finish them all which lasted me the entire day. My only gripe was that the wi-fi could only be accessed from the restaurant but as soon as I got over that, I found solace in being able to focus on my book the entire night.

Would come back for another stay just for the meals, comfortable accommodations, and great location.

All in all,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family and I stayed on this Mango Valley 2 for five days from the 12th Jan. 2014 and we could say that it's an excellent place to stay. Clean, near the mall, nice water pressure, good AC, nice bed, pillows, perfect amenities and the room smells good. Free wi-fi. Beautiful breakfast and staff. Special mention to Melvin and lady company (very good people and respectful). Special mention also to the guards at night, also to Luke, Rochelle, Bryan & best among the rest of all is Christina. You guys are an asset to Mango Valley. You all deserve a special mention/payrise. Most of the staff are very down to earth but not this receptionist lady named "Chingkee". She misplaced our reservation that we made and paid back in December. I thought my family and I will end up trying to find another place to stay the way this person spoke to us. I reckon she needs to know about down to earth service. Service provider? Calm down. Doesn't matter Chingkee, the rest of the other staff are fantastic anyway. As we say here in Australia, "get over it and move on". We are still happy, happy to comeback and happy to recommend this Mango Valley Hotel to my business partners here in Australia, proud to be Filipino..... Thank you sincerely and cheers to you all!!! R. Dela Cruz

Room Tip: Staff should look after the standard of cleaning. Sometimes its 100% okay but other times would say...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
#9 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
#13 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Mango Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!