Segara Villas
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
$106
$96
Agoda.com
Subic Park Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
$67
$59
Hotels.com
Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
$66
Agoda.com
Le Charme Suites(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
$169
$158
Agoda.com
Vasco's Restaurant, Hotel and Museum(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)(Great Value!)
$41
  • Restaurant
Mansion Garden Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
Hotelpower.com
Subic Grand Harbour Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Reef Hotel and Residences(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bayfront Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsexecutive villadvd playerwelcome drinkmy wife and daughterother hotelschecking ina king size bedwi fiswimming poolbuddharovinjloftaccommodationsbaytubdiscount
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I always read the Trip Advisor ratings and comments before booking any hotel anywhere around the world. My family and I decided to stay here because of the reviews but I was disappointed mainly with the service. We were a family of 16 and stayed for 2 nights. Breakfast was a mess every morning in spite of filling out the breakfast forms the night before. We were expected to show up at a certain time but we also had to wait for 20 minutes for food or coffee to come. We had to remind the servers of our requests several times. Checkout was also quite frustrating and confusing. The billing was not accurate. The hotel was not full so I can't understand how they would handle a big group or a full capacity at the resort.

On the other side, the furnishings and rooms were nicely and tastefully decorated. There was plenty of space in each room. Pillow and spa options were a big plus. Food quality was better than average. Pool was clean but towels had to be requested. They need a staff to be there full time when guests are swimming.

One person who gave commendable service is Star. She was very helpful even during the early morning hours. She always had a smile and pleasant disposition even if she was alone at the front desk.

I travel all over the world so I know how to give a fair rating in comparison to other 4-5 star resorts. Segara SHOULD TRAIN their staff to be of better service so they keep their clientele and upgrade their standards to be at par with other resorts world wide. I would like to promote Philippine tourism so I give constructive comments that will improve the tourism industry and individual establishments.

Room Tip: If you are 3 the jr suite has ample space.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank melgede
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed at the Segara Suites (not the villas, although they are part of the same property) for a full week. I was supposed to originally stay at another hotel, but was so disappointed that I immediately contacted Segara and asked if there was a room available. They were extremely accommodating and helped get me checked in the next morning. The rooms were comfortable, clean and the staff was so helpful. From Norly, to Edgar, to Vince, If ever I needed anything, I just dialed downstairs and someone was at my door, ready to help.

They have an amazing pool which was often a haven to myself in the afternoons and eating at the restaurant was a treat. Everything I tried was delicious. I also used their spa twice and received a terrific massage treatment from Paz. I highly recommend her!

While a bit off the beaten path (in terms of location), I would recommend Segara to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank melidramatic
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We spent one weekday night in Segara Villas in April 2011. We arrived quite late in the day, around 5 pm. Upon check-in, I asked if they were fully occupied and they said they only had 50% occupancy, which I thought wasn’t so bad since it was a regular work-week. I asked if we could request for a late check-out the following day, just in case the kids woke up late and wanted to use the pool. I thought it was a reasonable request since we were quite late arriving and checking-in. The front office staff told me she has to check if that could be arranged, since they were full the following day due to a big event happening in Subic. I did not insist.

We were assigned to Nusa Dua, which was quite nice and very much the same as the photos in their official website. When I went out to see the pool, I was a bit disappointed as it was smaller than what I envisioned. I was actually expecting that the villas would be opening up into the pool area, having the pool as the central element which brings them together. Instead, the villas all face away from the pool, with the pool situated at the back of the two rows of villas. The villas instead face a common pathway, which meanders from the entrance pavilion. I just felt it was a waste to have the lovely view of the pool unavailable for the villa occupants.

The overnight stay included a complimentary foot or hand massage for two, and you could also opt to have a full-body massage for a reasonable price. I’m glad I did, and had a truly great massage courtesy of their therapist Marge.
The next morning, our breakfast was served in our villa, promptly at the time agreed. After breakfast, the kids wanted to swim. We had the pool all to ourselves, but only stayed for less than an hour in the water. Having nothing else to do, we checked-out before noon, and were told we could stay till 2 pm as our late checkout request could be accommodated. We all politely thanked them, declined the offer, and said we were ready to go. The kids wanted to go back to the beach, and my wife wanted to go shopping.

I would recommend Segara Villas for honeymooners or couples who want to get away for some quite time together. Otherwise, the lovely accommodations will be wasted if the family only want to have somewhere to sleep after a tiring day of exploring Subic and all it has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank St0rm2011
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Can't recommend this hotel enough. We were there over Christmas and we got a bottle of wine and fruit basket delivered FOC.. Villa was lovely, spacious and clean. Grounds are well kept and staff could not do enough for you, the must stay place in Subic Bay!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GinaS15
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This is the place to go to "reset" and "recharge". We tried other places in the area and despite the higher prices, the rest was priceless. If you live a stressful life and value "true peace, rest and down time" you will totally appreciate Segara.

The staff is awesome and the spa is quite nice too. Got the Anniversary Package on top of the stay and it just made my wife melt.

Pool is nice and best part was it was very exclusive so no visitors or people around who didn't belong there. Noise was non-existent.

Stayed in the Lovina Executive Suite and loved it. In all my 41 years, have never experienced a bed that comfortable and the Pillow Bar was just heaven.

Air con was excellent and suites were immaculate. Other more economically viable options available in Subic but if you have the budget, don't even think about it.

Nice driver's quarters too with breakfast included for a small price. The food wasn't really my cup of tea but so many restaurants to choose from in the area that it just didn't matter.

Josh and Christine were stellar and were prime examples of the type of friendly staff that SV has to offer.

Shower and Washroom were tastefully designed and you'll get full mileage out of the plush robes they provide.

Even the extra cot that we ordered was super comfortable!

Would recommend SV to anyone who truly is in need of sleep, rest and sanctuary.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family