“"one of the best places to stay in Subic"”

Subic Holiday Villas
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We went there to spend the night after a long day at the beach in Olongapo. Together with my husband, kid, and siblings, we were awed by the beauty and cleanliness of the place. I never expected too much of the hotel since I got the special rate through a deal site but nonetheless, the staffs gave their service to the fullest. We arrived with our room's air conditioner working and so cool enough to compensate for the hot day at the beach. It was like they already prepared the rooms for us so when we arrive we don't have to worry about anything at all. The pool was great. The water was warm so we felt like swimming in a hot spring or something like it. The food was also good especially the corned beef during breakfast. All in all, the best hotel we've ever stayed so far as a family.

1  Thank Maricris S

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Reserved 2 bedroom suites with my sister family last April- during Easter, unexpectedly one suite got set up like microwave & cups while the other was none, Aircondition kept on stopping and needs to be reset by Engineers, if you ask for extra blanket or pillow charge is always applicable, adopters are not available.

The swimming pool is good and acceptable in size with a nice kiddie pool too... but it was never open due to cleaning until we raise our inconvenience at 10 am, thier notice board information pool will open at 6 am daily :-(

Breakfast served in set meal as well as set dinner, corned beef taste good! but a server confirmed coffee/ tea is unrefillable :-(

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our family enjoyed staying in the subic holiday villas. It has a pool (and a kiddie pool) where kids can enjoy and spend the day especially when it gets too hot. The place is also very near a few establishments (Puregold and outlet clothing shops) and restaurants so you have possibility to get your food from there. The hotel did not have any drinks or snacks in the fridge, something that we expected anyway. So we filled it up with our own groceries. We did not have any problem bringing our own food inside the villa which is really nice. You can also request some kitchen appliances for your room like microwave, cooking stove which is handy for family with babies. Note that the breakfast and dinner were complimentary so don't expect too much from those meals. Good thing is that on saturday, they have a grilling evening, so you can have them cook food right in front of you while you enjoy the pool side watching your kids.

We were there from Thu-Sat during the holy week and we did not have any issues with the number of guests considering that it was peak season. We did have a problem with our booking. We booked 3 rooms through Agoda.com, but the villa only got my reservation for 1 room, considering I booked already 3 months ago. Luckily I found a review from one person in tripadvisor a week before our trip and I found out about this problem early on. So I had to sort it out personally with Agoda and the hotel. I would suggest anyone who booked through agoda to do the same, just to be sure. Remember also that the villa is bit far away Ocean Park or tree top adventure- maybe some 20-30 mins drive. But we have our own car so driving around wasn't a problem.

For big family groups, esp. those with kids, this is a good place to stay. Good value for money. Clean place and very friendly staff.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We found other travellers reviews quite accurate for this hotel

Pros
Cheap package deal
Large pool
Friendly restaurant staff
Near Pure Gold and the Royal supermarkets ( 10 minutes )

Cons
On arrival dirty towels in the room and garbage left from last guest
Dirty cupboards
Dangerous electrical leads
Beds and closets too old falling apart
Have to ask many times for everything clean room no toilet paper, no bath plug, no microwave, no plates or dishes
Set dinner was bland every night
No bar or any drinks in the restaurant even though it was advertised on their website

The worst thing about this hotel is that on a saturday night they just could not cope
with demand. For no reason on check in they demanded a 3000 peso deposit even though i had prepaid by credit card. We had many problems with our room but they
just did not have enough staff to fix things. We stayed for 5 nights. In their defense the service was better on other nights but DONT stay her on saturday nights if you care about service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TIH1966
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here with my friends who were participants of a tri-athlon inside Subic. We got a good deal/good rate because the owner was also competing in the race. I love their pool, it was big enough for us ( i guess we had the pool to ourselves). the kiddie pool was perfect for our kids. staff were very helpful and pleasing too.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed in the hotel this weekend for two reasons, my older bro liked our vaca pics and it was really easy to reserve. The only positive remark i could share is they have allowed us to check in at 10 am whereas other hotels would not allow that. Ok off to my list od Areas of improvement: reservation agent said there would be tvsin the bedrooms that we wanted when we arrive NADA, just 1 in the living room! (2) food service is a joke and the food is horrible! i honestly felt they served us leftovers in disguise of being mongolian! food was served 40 mins too late. (3) requested for an extra bed upon check in, I only got it at around 10pm with several follow ups. Since they didnt have en suite phones you really have to go out of the room and look for a passing staff to help you out. Im sorry Subic Holiday Villas, with the price I couldve stayed in a more service oriented hotel! I dont think I'll book there again unless I didnt have any choices left! I do hope the staff works on communication, delivering their committments and improving turn around time for food and service!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Barlowgurl
Reviewed October 24, 2011

It has the bones of an american style resort but has decayed from neglect, recessed economy, and a relocation of tourism. It is close to the technology business park - so if you are a businessman the location may be nice. It is outside the freeport zone. I cant help but think if the US Navy still leased the port then this place may be popular and kept up in repairs. I cannot recommend this place. We stayed 2 nights. I cant complain about the accomodation as i am not a picky person but i saw much better hotels in the freeport zone.
The zone itself seems in recession. i can only guess it is because the main economy was fueled by the US Navy and they are now gone. The tourists seemed to have relocated up the coast where you fill find the better hotels and beaches.

Room Tip: i got the room right off the lobby allowing me to have free wirless in my room.