My wife and I stayed in Subic Holiday Villas during the first week of August 2011. Our commments are:
1. Positive - Place is fairly secluded and quiet, yet is fairly close (l to 3 kilometers away) to the shopping, eating and entertainment centers inside the Subic free port zone.
- Ample parking space.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Big swimming pool.
- Kitchen facilities (small refrigerator, microwave, oven toaster, water heater, eating utensils) were adequate. Air conditioner worked well.
2, Negative - Receptionists lack basic knowledge about travel attractions and directions.
Moreover, the only map of Subic Free Port Zone that they could provide one was a very sketchy, one-page mimeographed one. Detailed, colored maps (standard in all major tourist destinations here and abroad) were not available. In the words of one receptionist: "they were running out of stock".
- We paid around US $100 a daily for our time share vacation. For that amount, though, the studio room was small and pretty basic/spartan. Although I was previously assured of a bed good for two persons, what was provided was a cramped queen bed. The two lounge chairs and tables provided were old and unattractive. The clothes cabinet was small and had only one lower and one upper shelf. The two table lamps beside our bed were not very illuminating. TV reception was grainy and jerky. To top it all, we could use our telephone only for room-to-room calls. One had to go to the reception desk at the lobby to make outside calls (l5 pesos, or 35 US cents, for local calls).
- Wi-fi service was limited to the main lobby area and in the lobby of the annex building where we stayed. More chairs and tables should have been provided in both sites. In the annnex building lobby, only one chair and table was provided. (The table is so low that one has to hunch over to see his laptop monitor.) Across the lobby was a single bench, but no table. (I pitied the two old Caucasians who were bent over their laptops that were literally sitting on their laps.) Another problem: MOSQUITOES. A mosquito killing machine or electric fan should be provided in the lobby areas.
- Other than swimmming in the pool, not much to do in the resort. Maybe a game room with table tennis and pool tables could be set up. Also, why not consider basketball and tennis courts?
- Difficult to move around the free port unless you bring your own transport.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Subic Holiday Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Subic Holiday Villas Hotel Subic