“Great hotel - enjoyed our stay”

Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
Naga
“Great hotel - enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at the Subic Bay Venezia Hotel from June 24 to June 26. I (with my husband and my father) occupied the Executive Suite, while my sister and her husband, 2 kids (6mo and 3yo), and 2 nannies stayed in the Junior Suite.

Summary:
1. Excellent location. Duty-free shops, convenience stores, restaurants, the Harbor Point Mall, and SM City Olongapo were all nearby.
2. Great service from friendly and accommodating hotel staff.
3. Very spacious, well-appointed rooms.
4. No extra person charges beyond double occupancy, as long as extra persons use existing bedding (this might not apply to other room types).

I wasn't looking for a pool or a gym so the lack thereof did not matter to me or to the rest of my party. Breakfast wasn't part of the rate, but I actually appreciate not having to pay for breakfast I might not like.

In detail:

Both suites were very spacious. We were a rather large party, but we were still very comfortable. It was also great that the hotel did not charge us extra for extra persons. I assume that both the Executive Suite and the Junior Suite are meant for parties of 4 adults (and perhaps 2 kids below 12yo) or more? Anyway, when we asked to register extra persons in our rooms, the receptionist told us we don't need to pay extra person charges as long as we use the room's existing bedding.

Configuration:
The Executive Suite has one large bedroom, a spacious receiving area (that converts to an extra person bedroom since the sofa converts to a double, spring bed), and an open-concept bathroom (split three ways - door on the left leads to the shower-equipped bath tub, door on the right - this door locks - opens to the toilet, and the center area visible from the living room is the wash area).

The Junior Suite is one large space that serves as both the bedroom and receiving area, with a bathroom that is separate and closed off from the bedroom/receiving area. The living room sofa also converts to a double, spring bed.

Decor:
Decor is consistent with the hotel's theme. It has muted lighting (lamps galore), beautifully detailed wooden furniture, polished surfaces, and distinctive patterns on the sofa, the carpet, and bed covers. Are the furnishings a little dated? Sure. But great pieces age well.

The amenities are more than satisfactory. I won't go into detail. Just go to the hotel's website. Every amenity listed there for the Executive Suite and the Junior Suite is available. There were 4 pairs of bedroom slippers, 2 sets of towels (face cloths, hand towels, bath towels), and 2 toweling robes. The hygiene kit included bath soaps, face (paper) towels, shampoo, body wash, hand and body lotion, dental kits.

Service:
Excellent. Smiles and greetings every time. We arrived early on the 24th. While the staff couldn't immediately check us in, they kept our luggage for us so we could be free to enjoy our first Subic destination unencumbered. They also clean regularly (unless you don't want to be disturbed) and housekeeping brought us fresh soap and towels.

Actually, I knew I could expect great service from the hotel staff even before our actual stay. I had a problem using their online booking facility (my info was submitted successfully but there was no confirmation to that effect) so I called the hotel to confirm if my reservations went through. They did not. So I tried again. The same thing happened. Understandably, I was a little frustrated when I called them again. But the hotel representative remained courteous and promised that she'd call me back after sorting things out. And she did call me back to tell me that the rooms I wanted have been successfully booked in my name.

I and my family had a wonderful time at the Subic Bay Venezia. Perhaps we'd be more picky and particular if we had paid the full rate for our rooms and paid extra person charges to boot, but we hadn't so we were truly happy campers.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite my sister stayed in did not have any windows. If that's important, be sure to a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jbbe_ocs
VeneziaHotel168, Resident Manager at Subic Bay Venezia Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2016

Greetings from Subic Bay Venezia Guest!

Thank you for taking time to share your positive review of Subic Bay Venezia Hotel. We are honored that you chose to stay with us when you were here in Subic Bay.

We shall continue to strive to provide the Excellent Customer Service and improve on our facilities for better guest experience.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were at Subic last June 23 for the Century Tuna 5150. Usually if we're at Subic we stay at Grand Hoyah Hotel since we love their spacious and airy rooms. However, this time there were no rooms available so I checked out the other hotels.

I picked Venezia Subic since they have a promo for RCBC Bankard members through Agoda and I also used my points to pay for the room which I think I got a good deal.

I went with the Tripadvisor suggestion that I choose only rooms up to the 2nd floor since they don't have lifts.

The Pros:
1. The room's theme decor is quite lovely since it's done in classic Italian which is very romantic.
2. The location was quite convenient and easy to find.
3. The ACU is working very well that we have to turned it down a couple of times within the night since it's becoming too cold.
4. There's a Chinese restaurant at the lobby which offers reasonably priced delicious food.
5. Wi-fi is okay.
6. Service is really OK especially when we're about to check out and we forgot my son's toy in the room. They were good enough to return it to us when they did the room check.

The Cons:
1. I didn't like the lighting at our room since it's all yellow light. I've been in many hotels already and they have a combination of white and yellow so you can choose depending on usage. Turn on the white to improve illumination and turn on the yellow to make it more romantic. We had trouble fixing our things because we cannot see very well even if we turned on all the lights.
2. There's a slight musty odor once you go up the stairs, within the halls and even inside your room already. I am not sure how old the hotel is but I always associate musty odor with an old establishment.
3. They just provided 2 towels when in fact we booked a Junior Suite which is good for 3 people. I didn't ask for another one since we'll be staying for just one night. In other hotels that I've been into, if the room is good for 3 people, towels and all toiletries would also be good for 3.

All-in all, Venezia is OK but it's still Hoyah for me in Subic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I fell down down the stairs ( 3 steps ) at around 7 pm friday May 10,2013, ( no elevator in this hotel )there were 3 staff cleaning the area but unfortunately nobody lifted a finger to help me stand up, it even took me a while to sit up more to stand up, both my legs were injured , i have bruises, i reported the incident right away but still nobody even offered to bring me to clinic or give me 1st aid , i am very disappointed. Yes they are courteous but if you met an accident you will not be offered any help at all.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jonavil

Greetings from Subic Bay Venezia Guest!

We are honored that you chose to stay with us when you were here in Subic Bay.

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Cauayan
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The room that I had was quiet big. No free breakfast though, but the hotel has the New Feng Huang Resto and its near MeatPlus. The wifi was fast enough to upload some pictures. Thats it, nothing really much to do here except stay in the casino.

• Stayed April 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I checked in to find my booking had been lost. The room was basic but very clean and tidy. The airconditioner was old and very noisy. I turned it off to sleep at night. Luckily it was the cooler part of the year as it would have been a problem in summer. Reasonably handy to restaurants. Needs a decent bar area.

Room Tip: Make sure you reconfirm your booking before arriving.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peterjules

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hands down, the team that oversees Subic Bay Venezia Hotel is top notch. Warm welcome, honest smiles and service with an effort. Very commendable!

First-off, the instant upgrade from Superior to Junior Suite was well appreciated, the spacious room and the faux Victorian (?) furnishings have been an excellent surprise for first timers. Hotel has their own casino so yey for gamblers (close enough that you wont have any trouble going back to your room if you're broke or wasted, or both).

As for improvements: outside calls for the rooms and the bathroom could use some size perspective, the shower head is closer to my chest than overhead (tall guy problems).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better. No elevators, so stick to the ground floor if you plan on partying all nigh...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ozzymeetstheworld

Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It seems that despite the many times we've been to Subic, we still keep coming back for more. Just yesterday, we decided to pay the place a visit again, without any previous plans at all. It was my first time to drive that far together with my children. And as we reached their town proper we noticed Hotel Venezia (where we also noticed online). The hotel is just around the town proper and conveniently located near the malls and other commercial complexes. And it is a few minutes drive away from the Treetop Adventure site.

As for the hotel per se, we were accommodated at a Junior Suite room because of our number I guess (most of my kids are in their teens now). But I really love their ambiance .... their elegant and classic design. The beds are comfortable to sleep on considering that we were still sleeping until 10 in the morning and only woke up because of a phone call. The air conditioning system is a bit off balance since it was located on the left part of the room, but getting a lower temperature is not a problem. Also, giving the bathroom an upgrade can be a plus but come to think of it, everything is working efficiently. Don't look for any facilities such as the pool or spa, but they do have a casino beside it. Also, our package does not include any complimentary breakfast at all But they do allow guests to bring in food, so no need to sneak in any. And their staffs are very courteous and quick to respond for any services.

In summary, our stay is very satisfactorily indeed. You can try it sometime.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is good for a bigger crowd.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family