We stayed at the Subic Bay Venezia Hotel from June 24 to June 26. I (with my husband and my father) occupied the Executive Suite, while my sister and her husband, 2 kids (6mo and 3yo), and 2 nannies stayed in the Junior Suite.
1. Excellent location. Duty-free shops, convenience stores, restaurants, the Harbor Point Mall, and SM City Olongapo were all nearby.
2. Great service from friendly and accommodating hotel staff.
3. Very spacious, well-appointed rooms.
4. No extra person charges beyond double occupancy, as long as extra persons use existing bedding (this might not apply to other room types).
I wasn't looking for a pool or a gym so the lack thereof did not matter to me or to the rest of my party. Breakfast wasn't part of the rate, but I actually appreciate not having to pay for breakfast I might not like.
Both suites were very spacious. We were a rather large party, but we were still very comfortable. It was also great that the hotel did not charge us extra for extra persons. I assume that both the Executive Suite and the Junior Suite are meant for parties of 4 adults (and perhaps 2 kids below 12yo) or more? Anyway, when we asked to register extra persons in our rooms, the receptionist told us we don't need to pay extra person charges as long as we use the room's existing bedding.
The Executive Suite has one large bedroom, a spacious receiving area (that converts to an extra person bedroom since the sofa converts to a double, spring bed), and an open-concept bathroom (split three ways - door on the left leads to the shower-equipped bath tub, door on the right - this door locks - opens to the toilet, and the center area visible from the living room is the wash area).
The Junior Suite is one large space that serves as both the bedroom and receiving area, with a bathroom that is separate and closed off from the bedroom/receiving area. The living room sofa also converts to a double, spring bed.
Decor is consistent with the hotel's theme. It has muted lighting (lamps galore), beautifully detailed wooden furniture, polished surfaces, and distinctive patterns on the sofa, the carpet, and bed covers. Are the furnishings a little dated? Sure. But great pieces age well.
The amenities are more than satisfactory. I won't go into detail. Just go to the hotel's website. Every amenity listed there for the Executive Suite and the Junior Suite is available. There were 4 pairs of bedroom slippers, 2 sets of towels (face cloths, hand towels, bath towels), and 2 toweling robes. The hygiene kit included bath soaps, face (paper) towels, shampoo, body wash, hand and body lotion, dental kits.
Excellent. Smiles and greetings every time. We arrived early on the 24th. While the staff couldn't immediately check us in, they kept our luggage for us so we could be free to enjoy our first Subic destination unencumbered. They also clean regularly (unless you don't want to be disturbed) and housekeeping brought us fresh soap and towels.
Actually, I knew I could expect great service from the hotel staff even before our actual stay. I had a problem using their online booking facility (my info was submitted successfully but there was no confirmation to that effect) so I called the hotel to confirm if my reservations went through. They did not. So I tried again. The same thing happened. Understandably, I was a little frustrated when I called them again. But the hotel representative remained courteous and promised that she'd call me back after sorting things out. And she did call me back to tell me that the rooms I wanted have been successfully booked in my name.
I and my family had a wonderful time at the Subic Bay Venezia. Perhaps we'd be more picky and particular if we had paid the full rate for our rooms and paid extra person charges to boot, but we hadn't so we were truly happy campers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Subic, Venezia Hotel is a perfect place for business and leisure. The Italian-themed set-up hotel has 53-rooms, all complete with amenities. All rooms are spacious and with rates that fit every guests pockets and needs. It is located in the heart of the business district area of the freeport where duty free shops, restaurants and other recreational places are accessible. One of the hotel's facilities is the Pagcor Club Venezia Casino which is conveniently located on the left side of the hotel. It offers guest a good value for their money and superb world-class entertainment. It's lobby bar lounge serves various flavors of coffee, mixed drinks, wraps and subs. While enjoying your glass of drink, the lobby bar musical duo will serenade you during weekends. The hotel has a new built Gym with a Elliptical and 9 in 1 weight machine and a steady bike all available for the guests to enjoy. The hotel's function rooms, the Palazzo and Piazza, are open for various business and social functions that can cater up to 180 guests. The new addition to the hotel is the Las Vegas Cafe Restaurant which is soon to serve International cuisine that will surely satisfy your every cravings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Subic Bay Venezia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venezia Hotel Subic