“Decent with better beach front”

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
Manila, Philippines
“Decent with better beach front”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Check in and was handled by the frontdesk well. They served the usual complimentary refreshing fruit drink.

The 3rd Floor rooms we occupied were big enough to accommodate 4 pax with good leg room to move around. I like their rooms as they are big with simple furniture and fixtures. Bathroom has the usual soap and toothpaste provision. We have a veranda overlooking the beach and garden.

A resort personnel visited us in the room and gave a briefing as to making sure that the door of the veranda is closed as the free roaming monkeys may take our things or it is encouraged that we do not give food.

I find their dining area quite dark but the foods served were palatable. A ChinaBank ATM machine is available inside the resort.

Beachfront was long and sand was yellow grayish in color and a mixture of sand and powder consistency.

With ample parking space.

Personnel were warm and friendly.

Recommending this place for groups and families.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Indonesian first
Manika
Reviewed October 21, 2013

First, you will be faced with so many requirements and procedures upon check in. I suspect the management views guests as possible criminals since even after paying the one night stay in advance, you are still forced to give cash "deposit". even if you arrive at noon time you will be forced to wait till after 2pm to check in to you room.

Since there is no food allowed from outside you are forced to eat at "Reef" restaurant. we ordered 6 items off the menu. After about 10 minutes we were informed that 50% of the items we ordered were not available. Similar to another reviewer, also be prepared for a gastro experience the following morning.

Room Tip: make sure to check room before hand. our room had toilet that wouldny stop flushing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank weekendtravelor_10
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Camayan

This was very disappointing stay and although I had originally planned to summarize as “poor, “ after I got gastro from the restaurant I have changed to “terrible”.

The resort is situated a long way from Subic Bay (approximately 1000 peso taxi ride) and unless you have your own car, you are pretty much stuck there. It might be possible to get the Ocean Adventure Bus if you wanted to save on taxis.

The resort is not very private and gets large numbers of day visitors and during our stay much of the beach was taken over during the day and evening by a team building event which meant things were hardly quiet. We stayed mid week and so I expect that the weekends would be worse. The rooms were adequate although showing lots of wear and tear but the electricity meter in the room emitted a persistent loud buzzing all day and night. The bathroom was very small, dark and resembled that of an institution!

The ”restaurant” is a collection of dirty plastic chairs and tables arranged like in a street stall. My wife found the food she ate to be uninspiring and bland. Not surprisingly after my illness I did not eat here again and we checked out early not that happy to lose the money for the remaining night.

In part compensation, the staff were nice and friendly and welcomed us nicely.

Overall: That this is one of the best places to stay in Subic tells you something about the other places. But unfortunately Camayan is a long way from the standards that the vast majority of international visitors would expect and the cost is not cheap (~$115) for what it is. We normally stay in some of the lovely places in Cebu (Alegre Beach Resort, Club Serena) and I guess we were conditioned by those lovely experiences.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on a room without a buzzing electricity meter!! All day and all night - and i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reflex99

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family and I went here for a day trip to check out the much-talked about beach. I can't imagine it as a beach. It looks like it's man-made. The sand is black. The length of the beach is short, not even a kilometre. There is not much to walk about as the width of the beach is short as well. I guess, I am used to the beaches in Australia. The good thing to compensate my visit to this place is the Reef resto. The food was good. There is only one issue which the staff resolved. We ordered the seafood delight for lunch and were told that there were no longer available oysters and asked us to take the mussels instead. It was lunch and a Saturday and I was expecting that ordering oysters will not be a problem. I was told that there was only 1 serve of oysters left and it is reserved for the manager. Really? I said, I could write that in the review. The waiter came back and the oysters were served to my partner's delight. We all left full and happy :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 2000downunder
Reviewed October 1, 2013

It's one of the best places to stay in Subic specially if its gonna be a weekend getaway kinda thing.

The hotel situated in very peaceful surroundings.

Arriving Saturday afternoon, after checkin you can rest for a while and at around 3-4pm you can go to Ocean Adventure which is just couple of hundred meters away...walking distance.

You'll get discount on the tickets as ocean adventure is run by Camayan.

You'll see a spectacular dolphin and killer whale show and other shows as well which are awesome too..:-)

After that you can enjoy the sunset on Camayan resorts beach. If you are staying there you'll have free access. I you are not staying there you can still go to the beach by paying 300 pesos.

Late evening you'll have to eat the the food at the Camayan restaurant only! as there are no restaurants around...it's far from the city....the food served wasn't that great but just ok!

Rooms are nice, clean and very spacious... Verandas are nice too..:-)

Furniture in the rooms is very nice as well.

Wifi not that great...:-(

There is a spa but it's expensive :-( phew!!

Room rates are quite affordable!

Sunday morning breakfast buffet is included in the room package.

Nice breakfast is served.

After checking out..you may go to ZOOBIC SAFARI..on your way back to the city which is one of the main attractions of Subic!

Staying more than 2 days In Subic will definitely be boring as nothing much to do here apart from Ocean Adventure & ZOOBIC safari

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mursil Ahmed K
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel and resort for 2 nights for a corporate event. Seahorse Function room was ok.. apt space for a 40-person function. The rooms were clean, linens were excellent, shower was satisfactory. It's good for those with families and children. The only thing I didn't like were the food packaged with our training. Breakfast food was very generic. Our lunch was plated and we were served grilled chicken with potato salad- it was hella dry and not at all tasty. Our dinner was also plated - fried fish and vegetables which were like cooked from a sidewalk carinderia.. But other than the unsatisfactory plated food, the ala carte were so-so. Our first night's ala carte food were not so bad.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ladymika
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I like this place because of their simple but lovely rooms and the beach. The room is just of right size but has all the necessities should you want to just rest. And the beach is just the way I and my family want it. Simple and not crowded. The kids can enjoy swimming because it is not too deep.
The food in the ONLY restaurant where you can eat is just OK; not excellent food but just OK. I think it would be better if there is wider choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#2 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#14 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar

Been to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!