“Nice rooms / beach / restaurant pity about checkin & checkout”

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
Basingstoke
“Nice rooms / beach / restaurant pity about checkin & checkout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

The resort doesnt make a good 1st impression - long Qs at checkin only to be told room wont be ready until x time. So we go off to see the dolphin show at Ocean Adventure next door. Return 1 out of 2 rooms is now ready, 2nd will be ready later. Had lunch at the restaurant - and finally the 2nd room was ready.

Our room was nice - 2 beds again(!), fridge, wardrobe, tv etc etc.
Quiet AC & fan - hurrah - finally a good nights sleep!

Now for the bathroom - it was impossible to have a shower without flooding the entire bathroom. 1st time we mopped up with towels - asked for more towels from reception - but they never appeared. 2nd time we didnt bother and just let the room flood - luckily you cant flood the bedroom too!

The food & breakfast in the restaurant was ok and reasonably priced - however I think that we ate their 3 times during our visit and were starting to running out of different things to order. Cocktails were also reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend Bunker Bobs next door for some Italian food.

Many reviews on TA state that the beach is clean - I would have to disagree - the beach was covered in old plastic cups and bits of rubbish. We visited late in the afternoon and it is possible that the beach is 'cleaned' overnight.

Checkout was the same palaver as checkin.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Indonesian first
luzon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

still here in Camayan beach resort, were four in a room and we request additional bottles of water,housekeeping supervisor told us they cannot give us anymore coz one bottle of water a day only is allowed, also even if your five in a room they only allowed two coffee and sugar a day...we waited almost two hours for our room bec it's not yet ready, and no one approach us to update the status of our room....we have two senior citizen and they don't give priority to seniors....when we went to our room finally....oppppssss they still have to fix the aircon and put light bulb to bathroom....we ask for our complimentary water and it took three times follow up call to the front office and FIVE hours before they bring the water...what a bad experience....NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ALL BALIKBAYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank hahney

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am one of the filipino community here in Australia...I booked a room for my family as a gift who was staying in Philippines...so the next time we go home we want to do the same and even tell the filipinos what experience will they have......from the day I booked it they are not aware of the email I sent them I have to call them(oversees) several times just to follow up.When my family checked in (Deluxe) supposedly for 3 guests(fully paid) towels were for 2 only and even the cheap coffee in sachet provided for 2 when followed up with housekeeping they were so stingy to give one...tried calling the front office from the room -it was just ringing and they never answer....so went at the reception and they were not coordinated and have different reason..why cant they just give the freaking towel or coffee......it was a disaster!!!!NEVER CHOOSE or you will have vacation in HELL!!!

10 Thank marie s
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

My family and I, just got back from Camayan. I don't know about the others, but me and my family had a great 3 day stay there... The staff were accomodating and courteous. We booked our room 4 days in advance but they arranged everything nicely. We just deposited the payment in the bank and emailed the picutre of the deposit slip. As for the food in The Reef, it was good for the tastebuds and the pocket. It was fairly priced and adequately portioned. We had the barkada set and it was enough for 4 adults and 2 kids including one hungry 2 yr old... The breakfast was buffet style and it was enough for all of the guest. We also went to Ocean adventure, all myn kids loved it. For those who are going there, just book your room early to avoid all the hassles.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid hassles...
1 Thank kearl0826
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We went to Camayan beach for a day tour only. We were there around 6:30 in the morning but the there were a lot of people already. Entrance for adults is 300 and 250 for kids. Separate payment for the Cabanas. Since we are a big group, we got the biggest cabana which can accommodate 15 pax. The cabana is small for 15 pax.

We had breakfast in their restaurant. The buffet is 300 but very limited choices. Some of us had ala carte instead. Coffee included in the breakfast taste so bad. The hot chocolate (Php85) taste like water. The food is not worth the price.

The beach was ok. The showers are outside the bathrooms. You can only rinse off the sand but can not take a bath. We had to wait till we got back to our hotel to bathe.

The beach was not that crowded when we started swimming. People started to arrive around 10am. We left before lunch because it was already too hot and too crowded.

The only good ting about our stay in Camayan was that the kids had fun. They enjoyed playing with the sand and swimming in the beach.

1 Thank ilikejomalone
west sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

The place is really good because the area is nice and clean, the hotel is a stone's throw away from the beach, good facilities, and if you go hungry from swimming, the restaurant is next to the beach. The only hassle we had was when we checked in, we were told to go to a room and waited to be served, after the customer left they haven't even acknowledged me so I have to talk to them that we were checking in and that is the time the manager acknowledged me as a customer, not even an apology! But anyway, after that hassle everything went great. The restaurant staff were really friendly and quick, and the food is really good. The dive staff are great, they are very knowledgable in what they do. even though I know how to dive, I just rented some snorkelling gear for me and my family and the staff even told me where the best place is to snorkel, the bad thing is I wasn't able to bring a waterproof camera and they don't sell them in-store. In other words, we had a good time. Wouldn't be put off in paying all the tolls, It was well worth it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband called Camayan to inquire about a daytrip to the beach the following day. He was told that as long as we are not planning to go diving we can come anytime. After 3 hrs drive we arrived at 10am only to find out that all cabanas were taken. We were so furious! It was obvious when my husband spoke with the reception or whoever it was who manned the phone that he's a foreigner. The least she could have done was warn him to be at the beach at the break of dawn as the rest of Manila descends there early.

We went to the hotel thinking that maybe we will just book a room... alas! I stood there waiting and waiting only to be asked if I needed help by an irritated-looking guy. We just walked out and swore never to be back.

5 Thank Journeyof3
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Subic
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Subic
#4 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#12 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!