“A great place to relax and spend time w/family.”

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We arrived 23rd of Dec after our very disappointing reservation in Waterfront. Receptionists are very polite, bellboys even the guards. But was not our lucky day as the next day the hotel is fully booked. We decided to stay overnight anyway, and so far I can say that it was one of the most nicest place I've ever been. Beach is okay, nothing spectacular, but the food at the Reef restaurant is nice and prices are reasonable. And the rooms, very clean, spacious, love the sounds of the wave when we're in the veranda. I thought at first that 5500 is a little high, but after staying there, I changed my mind and said it was worth very centavo. Staff are very attentive, always smiling, and overall it was a great overnight stay, we check out 12noon the next day, but we're sure to come back again, and maybe again and again. :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from other guests passing by. ;)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria Myla C
There are newer reviews for Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed at Camayan from December 15 to 18 after reading reviews from other travellers and finding out that it is one of the well-known resorts in the area. The resort is around 2 and a half hour drive away from Manila. You have to go through NLEX, then SCTEX through to the end. Going through SCTEX is worth the steep toll because of the beautiful view of fields and mountains. Call the office to get more specific directions after arriving in Subic. Driving at sundown is not recommended unless you are familiar with the area as there are no streetlights around.

(Note: Prepare around 800-1000 pesos in toll fees. I think there are 4 toll gates between Manila and Subic.)

Contrary to expectations, the place was not overcrowded and we had a pleasant and relaxing stay. Of course it helped that the weather was perfect -- not too hot nor too cold. There were people already swimming as early as 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. There is a part of the shore close to the water which was pebbly, but all throughout the sand was fine. There is a lifeguard station and several huts a short a few meters away from shore. A beach volleyball net is also set up and you can rent balls at the place for a 400 peso fee.

We took Ocean view rooms. The rooms have cable TV, aircon, a small fridge, closet with hangers, a safe and bathroom amenities. It was also clean as staff comes in everyday, although they do not do anything about long-legged spiders in certain bathrooms. :(

The rooms were certainly good value for money, although I would suggest more lighting. Sometimes it gets too dark inside because it was only lighted by bedside lamps, a bulb in the bathroom and another one near the closet. Management only accommodates a maximum of 5 people (2 queen size beds, 1 extra mattress), which is a better package than some places and perfect for a family trip. Children 12 and below are exempted from the room charges, however the breakfast buffet is free only for adults. The breakfast rate is 150 Php for children.

Garden View rooms are, ironically, a shorter walk to the beach than the Ocean View rooms. This is because the ocean view rooms are separated from the shore by a wooden fence/railing. (You can hop over if you want to). :p If you don't like monkeys, you're better off with the Ocean View. There are lots of monkeys. They are used to people, but DO NOT FEED them and do not walk around the hotel area holding food out in the open.

The Reef is the only restaurant in the area. Prices were affordable (ave 150-200Php per person) and servings were ok but after staying a couple of days you get tired of the menu. Try the "mocktails", the bihon guisado and their spaghetti bolognese. The "family size" bihon guisado really is good for 6 people. There is lots of room for adults to talk and for children to play around.

For more activities, the Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari are a long walk/short drive away. All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are, ironically, a shorter walk to the beach than the Ocean View rooms. This is be...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank lilytaiga
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Made a last minute booking here for October 31-November 1. We booked the Sunset Villas and the room did go beyond my expectations. The room was spacious. Bathroom (with tub) was clean. Towels were clean and thick. 2 Queen sized beds were fitted with clean comfortable sheets. For P5,500 a night - with breakfast for 2 (plus extra P550 for the third adult in the room - extra person rate includes breakfast), the room was worth it. Minibar available. No safe. Room was nice and quiet. I could not hear my niece and nephew or my sister shouting from the room they were in next door. :-)

Since the resort is right beside Ocean Adventure. We went to Ocean Adventure first early on our first day and moved our car across the parking lot to check in the resort after lunch. Had a siesta then we hit the beach when it wasn't so hot anymore. If you are a hotel guest, you will have a 20% discount on your Ocean Adventure tickets and if you decide to visit the attraction the next day, it will be for free. Pretty good deal for us since the kids wanted to go back the next day to watch the shows the second time around.

The beach was ok. Waves were calm. Good swimming beach for little kids. There are some parts of the beach with sharp rocks and dead corals. If you go swimming around that area, you will find A LOT of fish. I put my head in and they were all literally staring at me right in the face. I think the fish there are used to people feeding them so if you stay pretty still, you will be surrounded by a ton of fish. My son asked for some stale bread from the resort restaurant and we had a good time feeding the fish. Almost scary since there were so many of them surrounding us.

Only complain I have is the breakfast. P300 for adults and P150 for kids. The room rate includes breakfast for 2 so we had to pay extra for the kids. No problem with the rate but the selection was just terrible. Main viands for breakfast were - fried bangus (not so bad), our super red "only in the Philippines" pinoy hotdogs, pork and beans and chopsuey (? with only bell peppers, onions and mushrooms). Rice, eggs, pancakes and arroz caldo were also served. Another section had salad (but I only saw cucumbers and carrots - not sure if they just ran out of the greens), fruits, cereal, bread and turnovers that I didn't even bother to pick up because it looks like they were sitting there for weeks already. Breakfast comes with coffee, hot chocolate, and juices. A change for the main selections (maybe bacon, hungarain sausages, tocino, longganisa....) would make it better. Maybe using a food warmer that will actually help keep the food warm will help. Some minor renovations on the restaurant and the food set up will do too. After breakfast, we were relieved that we decided did not eat at the resort restaurant for dinner the night before even if we got lost in the dark trying to get to Dewey Avenue for Xtremely Xpresso (see separate review).

With a few improvements on the food, this resort would be perfect. Will definitely be back with my family.

Oh... we were hoping to get monkey visitors on our porch but we did not have any during our entire stay. :-)

Room Tip: Request for rooms at the new wing - sunset villas.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank ditz_8
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at Camayan on Oct. 15-16. The Captain's Suite we took for P8,800 (since we had an extra adult with us, my son which was charged an additional P550) was worth it. The room was spacious and clean. Smelled nice. It had two bathrooms. One had a jacuzzi on it which my daughter really liked. It had it's own bar and dining room and a king sized bed. The sofa was a multipurpose one where you can pull a bed out from under so I'm really glad our party of 5, didn't have to squeeze into the King sized bed. It had 2 Tv's and the Wi-Fi was available and internet connection was fast. The room was actually worth it. What's nice about the place is it's proximity to Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure. Although it is a far drive from town so make sure that you travel going to the hotel during the day because you're going to pass along forests and a long stretch of road that seemed endless.

The only thing that I was concerned about is that monkeys frolic freely around the place especially in the early morning. I was freaked out when I went out for a walk and when I went back to the room found monkeys blocking the stairs. They are harmless though according the staff if you don't provoke them. But it still scares me.

I think they also need to clean the beach area. There was a lot of debris around and the water looked murky even early in the morning.

All in all, I would go back to this place. I especially enjoyed the food at The Reef, the only restaurant there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lizzie B
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Had a pleasant stay in this resort. We stayed here because of its proximity to Ocean Park adventure & Zoobic safari. Affordable rates on accommodation & food. Rooms are a bit dark though, esp. the garden view, and just be careful with the monkeys wandering around the place, it's a lot of them, looking for food. For Resort's guest you get a 20% discount on the Ocean park's rate, and if you opt to grab a bite somewhere along the freeport zone or near the city, just make sure you'd be back in the resort before dark, since there are no light posts along the way & somewhat remote going to this resort, with few transport that passes by. A little scary if you travel alone at night. Be also ready with your GPS as it'll help/guide you to find this resort. Staff are nice too & bar is open until late midnight, nice to just grab a few glasses of wine or margarita as you watch the calm beach in front of you. Beach is nice also, clean blue water & fine sand. Over all, A perfect getaway adventure for the whole family that doesn't cost much --- no airfare if you live in Manila or cities nearby.

Room Tip: suite, if you're not into adventure or strange animals to go along with your stay, stay away fro...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JJJ T
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed at Camayan Beach Resort thus 2nd week of October. I did not expect that the resort looks great. The internet photos does not give justice to the place. We really enjoyed the place with clean & clear water, accommodating staff, relaxing view & ambiance, guest room spacious enough. Our three and a half hour drive / trip (coming from Las Pinas) is really worth it.
We would love to came back ... soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ghigie
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed for 3 days 2 nights last September 2011. The place is perfect for a quiet and relaxing getaway since its a distance from the main city. The room (we requested one that is in the 1st floor and closest to the beach) was clean and spacious. It came with a lot of amenities. The restaurant (The Reef) served a variety of food and drinks, you really have no need to leave, just sit back, relax and enjoy.

My sisters and I will be making this a yearly tradition.

Room Tip: There are two buildings, the newer one faces a garden and the older one the beach. It depends on yo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic
#5 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel
#9 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!