“New Management”
Review of Amber Life Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colliersville
Amber Life Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colliersville
Oneonta, Alabama, United States
“New Management”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I recently vacationed at the Amberlife Inn and I must say our stay was the best we have had. The new management a husband and wife team were accessible 24/7 for any reason they were very respectful and professional. The room was spotless and very contemporary or up to date, we had all the essitials including a flat screen wall mounted a table with chairs a newer model microwave, coffee pot and wifi service. I recommend this to everyone, I would stay anytime they don't ask enough for their hospitality and service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Occasionally I travel to and fro from Canada and for years I have stayed at this reasonably priced motel. With clean and warm rooms the service is excellent and the staff very polite. And for an off season price at $ 46 including taxes for a single person thats a steal from other pricey motels and Inns. A mile away from the noisy I88 and with a scenic view of the sunrise from surrounding hills, what more do you need.
Do not forget to ask for a discount if you are a regular guest at the Inn. And my advice to the Inn owners, " Please put the "Amber Life Inn" sign on I88 E at Exit 17 rather than on Exit 16. The route is probably a mile longer but less confusing.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably same, but some have a bigger TV
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Ness L
South Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Every place in Oneonta booked so, based on most recent review, took a chance on this place . This place is disgusting. Possibly the worst inn I have ever stayed at. Mold all over bathroom, tiles falling off. Heat is from a portable electric space heater. Air conditioning is duct taped in place.

The room smelled stale and damp. It is no smoking but you could smell the smoke in the room. The young man at office had to check the room at check-in to make sure it had been cleaned. I would hate to see what it looks like "dirty".

This place is inexpensive. Spend the money on the Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn in Oneonta and avoid this place. You'll need a Silkwood shower after staying at the Amber Life Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank IgnatiusR0629

Travelers are raving about these Colliersville hotels

New York City
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our first time in Cooperstown area, this was one of the best inns we have stayed in. The host were 2 young dynamic local boys, very charming, and they directed to us all the places of interest in and around Cooperstown and Oneonta. The rooms were well managed and clean, and their service was 24hrs. We checked in at 3 a.m in the morning and they were there to receive us. I don't think you can get a better deal on the price too. An excellent place to stay for a budget trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cooperstown, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We were worried about some of the reviews seen and spoke to the manager about it while booking the room. She gave us one of the best rooms available at a discounted rate. She further said they had bought this Motel recently and just started managing late summer last year (2009). Since then, they have replaced most beds, Microwaves, 7 rooms with flat screen TVs, new linens and so on. The room and bath were extremely clean and the bed was pretty new and comfy. We believe the new owners deserve a chance to serve the community and we strongly recommend this motel for a fair try!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New England, North Dakota
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Because everything closer to Cooperstown was booked, my family and I stayed at the Amber Life Inn when visting the Baseball Hall of Fame. The place smelled moldy, the carpets were vaguely damp and the staff was barely communicative. The sheets were scratchy and the mattress was so soft and lumpy that my back ached for 2 days after we left. I would sleep in my car before staying here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BristolRI
Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We had two rooms booked for Thanksgiving week, and definately will be staying here again! This is a very comfortable and friendly hotel for a family to stay because of the advantage of inter connecting rooms.It is definately a worth staying at this motel. Also, the rooms are very up to date and new like they had recently been renovated.
I think the previous post, may have been about a different motel, and written in mistake because I definately enjoyed my stay,

• Liked — The inter-connecting rooms
  • Disliked — can't think of anything :)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colliersville
Clarion Hotel
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Amber Life Inn? Share your experiences!