“Happy Venue for Good Food and Jazz” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grasso's

Grasso's
Reserve with OpenTable
Grasso's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Gail Grasso (Owner) and Tony Canales (Executive Chef) Take you on a journey from a quaint circa 1850 town to a Hip New York Style Restaurant and Jazz Club Serving New American Cuisine Grasso's restaurant is a neighborhood gathering place where you almost always stand the chance of running into someone you know. Whether you're a local or not, when you dine at Grasso's you truly feel as though you have walked into Gail's home. It's been called the "Cheers" of Cold Spring Harbor.
Long Island, NY
“Happy Venue for Good Food and Jazz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We are, at this point, 'regulars' at Grasso's. Though I've been coming since the '90's, we find ourselves coming more and more frequently lately.

There is some real musical talent passing through these days. Pianist Wayne Sabella plays a fine musical line in the mainstream idiom. Back in the day, I played with Wayne in the short-lived "Cafe Americain" in Port Jefferson. He was excellent then and is even better now. Don't miss him, though I am personally insulted that he did not remember me when I saw his recently. Musicians, go figure... :-).

The food is always reliable here, and it is always sound fare at reasonable prices. Truth be told, the cuisine lacks inspiration and confidence, but it is always fresh and never less than good to very good.

We were here just last Saturday, and before that, on Valentine's Day. I really want to get to the Sunday brunch---sounds fine and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

We should all be grateful that Grasso's is here; happily, they want to be here for a long time. They deserve our patronage for their efforts. Kudos.

• Visited March 2014

Melville, New York
“Love This Place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a place you go to with your spouse or a date you really want to impress for a special meal. It's pricey but classy. Unlike many places hereabouts, you get what you pay for here. Here you will find the best Jazz on Long Island since Sonny's closed its doors. The food is very good although if the kitchen is busy there can be lapses. This is the kind of place where the owner comes to every table and makes sure everyone is happy. Highly Recommended.

• Visited November 2013
East Patchogue, New York
“Wonderful Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had dinner here for the first time for my birthday. The food was excellent! The ambience was graceful and subdued and the service was wonderful. Gail, the owner, treated us so well and was so kind to us when we had a problem (not at all caused by the restaurant, but through our own fault) that I could only say nice things about her. She has a great heart and was very kind to us. Although we live nearly an hour away, I am glad we found this restaurant. I can see us returning again and again. Thank you, Gail (and Mary)!

• Visited February 2014
Huntington, New York
“Great jazz & great food right on the North Shore of Long Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is one of our favorite cozy places to hear great live jazz and have exquisite cuisine - in the little hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor, right on the Long Island Sound. Not to be missed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GHStravels2013
New York City
“Christmas Eve Santuary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I made last minute reservations for the early sitting at Grasso's for Dinner on Christmas Eve. The owner was very friendly and helpful in describing the jazz entertainment. The music was excellent, a great jazz vocalist, Ms. Trouble, wonderful pianist and talented base fiddle. Dinner was excellent. I had the soup of the day, a New England clam chowder, one of the best I've had and my husband's seared scallops was great. Our shrimp with basmatti entree was grilled and cooked perfectly. Much appreciated by us was the clear markings on the menu of the selections that were Gluten free. When they brought the rolls (which I enjoyed), with 2 tasty dips my husband asked if they had gluten free bread. They did not, but really shone in customer care when they brought out a full plate of carrots and endive so he could dip and enjoy too. The restaurant was packed. There was a split level upper room. We asked for a table in the lower dining section with the bar, so we could be nearer to the music. Service was fast and careful. Well worth our winter ride and we will be back.

• Visited December 2013