“Excellent waterside dining”

Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Post Rd & Maple
Transit: Metro North, Express Bus from Manhattan and Local Beeline service is available within walking distance.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had dinner with friends and had the opportunity to dine on front porch. Great atmosphere and service. Food is fresh and well prepared. Lots of seafood, but other choices are also good. Portions are generous and prices are fair. Found salads to be exceptional, and my husband declared lobster bisque to be superb!! Restaurant itself has great historic feel. Really felt like we were away on vacation, while only half hour from home. Great treat for a warm spring night.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Hudson House Restaurant was amazing! I didn't realize it was such a popular place. The restaurant the service was great, the jazz music (like Frank Sinatra) in the background was soothing, and the specials were delicious. The Hudson House specialties like the Blueberry Pancakes and Bananas Foster are a must. The NY Strip steak was perfect and the Lobster Mac and Cheese was YUMMY! My favorite dessert was the Flour-less Chocolate Cake! Since we stayed at their Inn, we had brunch after we checked out, before we left to head home and it was worth it! We enjoyed our breakfast, dinner, dessert, and brunch at the Hudson House.

2  Thank anitam79
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I went here for a late lunch this past weekend, some of our family was from out of town so it was a special occasion. We did a wonderful walk around Cold spring, and late in the day we were all pretty hungry and ready to relax somewhere and eat. The place was hopping! Staff was busy but very friendly and efficient. Starting off with a few glasses of prosecco and then we were served these addictive hot popovers with strawberry butter. They were amazing!! I enjoyed the scallop salad, but split/shared with my mother who had the chopped salad with tuna sashimi. They were both crisp and delicious, the tuna was very pretty and really stood out, everything was, but my family is not the patient type that lets you snap pictures of food before digging in! I had the crabmeat encrusted salmon for my entree and my boyfriend had the petite filet. There was so much sharing of food I can't recall what everyone had but it was a blast. I know my salmon was really tender and delicious, and my boyfriend was really happy with his filet, rare and tender with lots of ground pepper over top, which is how he always gets it. All around a very happy experience. I was relieved, as we wanted the family to see how awesome Cold Spring is! We skipped dessert since we were stuffed. Coffee, then were out the door to sit by the river for the rest of the afternoon.

1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant was one of my worst experiences and yet I love the Cold Spring area. First the wait was very long and the service very poor. The quality of the food was no better than a diner and some diners excel compared to this place as all the food came out either cold or uncooked and the salad was wilted and rubbery. I must say that this was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had and quite expensive for absolutely nothing. Like I said, you would be better off at any diner.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I ate here along with Jordankris (see 2 star review from March 2014). The place is warm and cozy and after a day of hiking we were looking forward to a good meal at a slightly more upscale place. At the outset the service was solid; the waitress was attentive especially to our two children. I had the shrimp ceasar which was good--not great--and the portion pretty modest. Then came the chicken ceasar that my wife ordered. The chicken was nasty--rubbery and with an awful aftertaste. The waitress and manager reacted swiftly when we complained and brought another order, but there was not much of a difference. I was really shocked they could serve that kind of food considering that to serve a decent piece of chicken does not take much for any self respecting establishment. What was most annoying was that after returning the first plate we never received a single apology or were comped on the two coffees we ordered at the end of dinner. Bush league.

2  Thank Joe C
HudsonHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson House, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments- Please read our response posted with below review as this was the same table.

Thank you!