“Bad service”

Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Post Rd & Maple
Transit: Metro North, Express Bus from Manhattan and Local Beeline service is available within walking distance.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

No waiter or waitress ever came to table after :15 minutes, we left and did not know or see a manager to express this too

HudsonHouseInn, Owner at Hudson House, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I would like to begin by sincerely apologizing for this rare yet inexcusable occurrence at the Hudson House River Inn. As you can see by prior reviews we pride ourselves on a beautiful atmosphere, fine culinary creations as well as superior service. We make every effort to be sure every guest receives a flawless experience. When we fall short of accomplishing that we take it very serious. I would like to extend an offer to you compliments of the Hudson House River Inn in hopes that you will return and experience what is normally a memorable dining experience. If you would like to email me directly at HRF@aol.com - I would be glad to discuss it further. Once again, I extend my sincere apologizes and look forward to speaking with you.

Regina Bei
proprietor

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great menu, excellent food, lovely presentation, efficient and friendly service. A bit pricey, but worth it. On a nice day, you can sit outside and enjoy the river view.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy this place. The location is beautiful, right near the Hudson River and it's been around since 1832 which makes it even more special. The chef is excellent as is the quality of food and service. We've been coming here for more than 13 years, had our wedding here, and will continue enjoying the ambience of the Hudson House for years to come.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nice atmosphere but a bit pricey for what is offered. Food is OK, but the wait staff does not appear to be very experienced.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed this place during the March food week, and found the waiter to be happy that we were getting to try this lovely restaurant. Everything from appetizer to main entree to dessert was a delight. VERY pleased and can't wait to eat here again.

1  Thank Laurie B