“Very cosy B&B”
Review of Pig Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cold Spring
Pig Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cold Spring B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Very cosy B&B”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Pigg Hill Inn in March and had a great time. The service was top and the rooms were very clean and tidy. The best part of our stay was the breakfast! I have never tasted a muffin like at the Pig Hill Inn. I will never forget it! The lady who served us breakfast was super friendly and did everything she cold to make us satisfied.
The first night we arrived, we came in late and were hungry. The lady at front desk asked us if we wanted to eat in the restaurant but we said we would just have som take ut since our baby was a sleep in our room.
Then she set the table for us in the front desk area and we could eat our take out food there. Then we didnt have to eat in our room and risking waking up the baby. That is what i call service! I would definately reccomend this B&B to everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful B&B . Very clean ,staff friendly & cozy sitting area with a fireplace . Outstanding breakfast . I enjoyed the fact that the breakfast was brought to the room if requested , saving us time from having to get ready & head down to the breakfast area. The traffic on the street below ,during the night was no fault of the B&B ...didn't seem to bee too much of a bother ..Great location ,in the center of Main St. A++

Room Tip: Although small , the Tranquility room has a wood burning stove & a 2 person jacuzzi .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RinconRon
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Some like to complain that the boy at the door was a bit moody perhaps but, that is only an indication of your sour intolerant disposition. You are on holiday, have a heart, he's growing up, he's meant to be like that... The hospitality was excellent otherwise and despite being the only guests, being February mind, we had a whole complimentary pie baked in our honour with our tea & it was Twin Peaks "Damn good!" Pie.
The tranquility room was good fun and the log fire crackled as I fell asleep- that was nice. The jacuzzi scared me. That was not so nice.
Breakfast was lovely and the accommodation was very clean.
In all the inn was a great little retreat for hikers who wanted a convenient stop to rest in the little village of Cold Spring. I would definitely recommend and repeat.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at Pig Hill Inn with my wife, for a quick escape out of the city.
We booked the last available room (Country Sunrise) at the very last minute.

The ride there is really convenient, approx one hour train on metro-north from Grand Central, and the Inn is located just a few hundred yards from the train station, at the bottom of main street.
So, you're in the middle of it all (if possible to say so about Cold Spring!) but still, very little traffic or noise there.

The staff there was welcoming, and always helpful whenever we needed anything.
They served warm apple pie and tea in the afternoon, that was great. The atmosphere and decoration is really pleasant, typical B&B.

We were slightly disappointed that our room was on the main floor, next to the reception area and fire place.
The room was spacious enough, with two beds put together as a king size bed - you couldn't say they were two separate beds, very nice.
You have your own bathroom, and the whole decoration was nice.

We did experience a few downsides from being on the main floor.
In the evening, several people gathered in the hall, next to the fireplace (you can't blame them for that in a B&B), and were pretty noisy (that, you can blame them for); we had to ask a couple of times before they actually lowered the voices, and eventually moved up to their rooms.
If you stay in this room, you'll be awakened early in the morning by the first persons going for breakfast, since they have to walk past your room to get to the breakfast room.
We also "enjoyed" a neighbor starting his snow removal machine at 8am just in front of our windows.

Breakfast was very good, filling, with plenty of options to chose from.

The whole experience was pleasant. I would only not recommend the country sunrise room. Due to these flaws, it should be less than what we were charged ($190 + tax) if you ask me.
I'm sure this place would be perfect when staying in an upper-level room - and I do intend to give it a try soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper level
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrmnem
White Plains, New York
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My thirty-three year old son and his bridge stayed here, liked it very much and bought a one-night stay for my wife and me. We went a couple weeks before Christmas and had a wonderful weekend experience. This B&B is on the main street of Cold Spring, an old Hudson Valley village. The main street is lined with small shops (gift, crafts, antiques) which makes for a very pleasant shopping experience. We had dinner at Cathryn's, a very nice restaurant also on that main street a block from the B&B. Cathryn's had very good food (entrees ranged from about $15 to $30) and excellent service. All of which added up to a very enjoyable weekend retreat.

The proprietress was very friendly and eager to please. The website was accurate and the breakfast was plentiful. Don't be put off by the guy who answers the phone (he seemed lazy). Don't let him deter you from a very comfortable, warm, friendly B&B.

Room Tip: The Tranquility Room had a nice jacuzzi and pot-belly stove with a very comfortable king-size bed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here two nights mid-week. There were no issues with check in, and the room was very charming. Yes...it's an old house...but it's well maintained and clean.

On the down side...
Our room did face the street, and it was a bit noisy until after midnight. There was also little or no sound-proofing between rooms, and we could hear our neighbor staggering in at 3 am!

There wasn't any way to get breakfast before 8:30 (you might be able to arrange a muffin and cup of tea...) so if someone has to be up and out sooner than this...you're going to leave hungry. The second morning, we both had to leave around 7 am, and neither of us got anything - we hadn't seen the innkeeper since our check in.

But on the plus side..

I love these old houses, and this one has alot of character. The town has some excellent places to eat, from fine dining to little French cafes to coffee shops - all within a few blocks. It's fun to just wander on foot and check out all the antiques and gift shops. And there's a nice park down on the river with plenty of benches to sit and think.

Even better....during the day, the inn was quiet and peaceful. For those of us that spend our days studying, it couldn't have been more perfect. I set myself up in the breakfast nook for the day, and Dave was kind enough to keep me in coffee, tea, and cookies while I worked.

As I said - the room was charming, and the fireplace kept things warm and cozy. The morning that I did get breakfast, it was quite good - fruit, a muffin, and a nice omelet with bacon. Nothing fancy, but perfectly adequate and just the right amount of food.

Overall, I would stay there again, especially during the week. I would have concerns that on weekends, it might be too noisy to get much sleep in the upstairs rooms.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathleen O
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We can see why some reviewers below have been put off by "poor service," but the truth is the person who runs this inn seemed to us like a good, decent guy. He just doesn't give the kind of pampering, fawning service with a smile many are used to, and that might rub some people the wrong way.

But not us! We enjoyed our brief stay and would return again. The breakfast was pleasant and the woman who serves it is a real sweetheart. The town is beautifully located and worth a stop.

Room Tip: Take a look around first!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Cold Spring
The Roundhouse
The Roundhouse
#1 of 1 in Beacon

Been to Pig Hill Inn? Share your experiences!