“Good Find, but bring your bug spray if dining outside at night!”
Review of Cold Spring Depot

Cold Spring Depot
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a late dinner at the Cold Spring Depot while visiting the area. The food was quite good, nice value for the simpler dishes. We liked the outdoor seating which was more casual, but the time of day we were there was prime for mosquitoes. If not for that, the experience would have been more pleasant.

The Black Angus burger was good, as well as the fish tacos (3 tacos per serving, more than enough for one person's dinner). The steak sandwich was difficult to eat -- we ordered medium-well, but it could have been more tender. The clam chowder had a bit too much wine in it, or maybe a little vinegar/lemon juice and was more tart than I prefer. The duck quesadilla was heavily seasoned and while good, the spices overwhelmed the duck meat's flavor.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

You have to be slightly nuts to drive 80 miles round trip for a bloody Mary and an order of wings but that is exactly what we did. Outstanding at this comfortable place is the onion soup, burgers and other sandwiches, wings and, of course, the bloodies.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We found this by accident- after a day spent at West Point, we were looking for a place to relax & have a casual meal. This is the place.
Cold Spring is a quaint town, tucked away from the hustle & bustle of our usual haunts.
The food is great, the waitstaff attentive but not hovering. We have been here may times & it is consistently good.
We were there yesterday, having lunch with old friends. We sat for about 4 hours - talking & we never had feeling that we were being pushed out. Our waitress Joan, kept coming back to refill our coffee.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well, I'm really giving away one of my most favorite places on the East Coast. I've been visiting the Bear Mountain area for over 30 years. It has a special place in my heart. When I first found this town, I didn't think places like this existed due to the fact I grew up in an urban city 10 minutes away from NYC. This restaurant is located at the end of Main Street in Cold Spring. Its a converted train station with its own history. You need to visit and read all about it once you are seated. The menu ranges from burgers to steaks to specialty german food during oktoberfest. If you visit on the weekends, a band will entertain you. The restaurant is near a passing Amtrak/Northeast Regional train which passes every 15-20 min, but honestly, you'll forget about the noise. If you have time, visit the beautiful antique stores located around the area. The park is also a must see where you can sit and just breathe the fresh air, look at the mountains and watch the beautiful sunset. Ahhh, there my secret is out.......

Reviewed July 21, 2013

What can I say. A summer evening at the The Depot, a pint of beer in front of you, Metro North and Amtrak trains rushing by, that's the definition of summer in Cold Spring! I've been a regular summer customer at The Depot for several years and both the food as well as the beer menu have gotten better. The beer choices, in particular, are well worth a visit on their own. The food has gone upscale over the last couple of years but the burgers are just as good as ever so that's always a safe choice. Let's just say that you can't go wrong if you decide to eat out at The Depot on a fine summer evening!