“Rustic but great food!”

Description: AKA RoundUp Texas Smoked BBQ & TumbleWeed Saloon
New York City, New York
“Rustic but great food!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have driven past many times over the past 4 years and never thought of stoping in. Well yesterday we were driving south on 9 RT again and had a craving for barbecue and decided to give it a try - what a great idea! Food was very good, I had 1/2 a rack of ribs, my wife had the brisket while our daughter had 1/2 a chicken. The portions were just the right sides. The choices of sides were very good as well. It was 90 degrees and we sat at a table outside under an umbrella, because there was no A/C inside - the only disappointment. So if you are driving on 9 RT and want some good Barbecue - give it a try - you will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Amazing, they have made this business work!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was an early customer when they started out, and were only selling a few things out of a trailer on the property. I was not impressed at the time, so I had not gone back until today. Needed a quick lunch and Perks Plaza looked too busy. I had the chicken sandwich (designed for a much bigger eater than I am) and took home the mac and cheese and cornbread.
The chicken was ok, but I had to forgo the BBQ sauce so it may have been much better with it. The Mac was reported to be very hot from the peppers, but I noticed it was all eaten quickly. We had the cornbread for dinner and it was excellent.
I saw on the menu that they have catfish that is not breaded or fried- just smoked and sauteed. Interesting. i guess I need to go back. Actually I will, because I have a standing order to bring home the cornbread whenever I can. Will try the beans also.
In case anyone missed it...this business is attractive to the bikers who race up and down. Normally mild mannered in this part of the world, but there was a recent ruckus between two groups. In Cold Spring of all places-a biker fight? Added a little color to a quiet community. From what I gather the owner has evicted the one group who rented on the property and all is quiet again in this corner of the world. You can eat here...its kind of a biker decor, and probably very bar like in the evening. But at lunch it was just take out customers and some picnickers. Not bad. And sure beat the traffic in the strip mall to get to the deli. The two women who assembled my meal were quick and pleasant.

• Visited May 2013
justcallmeb
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to eat, and it happens to be in my area. We haven't had a good BBQ joint in the Hudson Valley for years, and this definitely takes the cake. Linda and Bill are the most gracious hosts and the food is delicious. When you pull up and see a camper attached to an older barn, you're not expecting much. Dining accommodations are picnic tables. Food is passed through a window. But this is authentically cooked Texas style BBQ. I've eaten everything on the menu at some point. Summertime yields smoked corn on the cob (SO tasty with butter and salt), the marbled brisket is tender and juicy, sausage delish, chicken great. I love the cornbread and jalapeno mac and cheese--a bit smoky, a bit spicy, but always good. The BBQ sauce isn't the typically sweet northern sauce. It's a spicy tomato/vinegar based Texas style and perfectly suits the meat. The prices are so reasonable for the size of the portions you get. Get to talking with the owners about the place, and you'll want to keep coming back forever.

• Visited September 2012
Westchester
“Fun place to stop on the way home”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter and I have stopped here numerous times on the way home from Dutchess County. Love the mac and cheese with the jalepenos. SHe loves the hotdogs. Great cornbread and coleslaw. BBQ is good also, I always pour more on. Have yet to be disappointed. This is a real local down home place, nothing fancy, but good food. They do take credit card - yea. AC is great in the summer, or you can sit outside and talk with the owners. You have to look for the flag that they are open, believe they are still closed on Mondays. So on your afternoon rides, stop on by and give them a chance. Friendly, happy, freshly made and good.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“A surprise on Rt. 9”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I do not know how many times I drove passed this small establishment behind the hardware store until I finally stopped. As other reviewers mentioned, it is a very small place with indoor/outdoor tables. It must be fun to eat outdoor table at the night like tonight! Service is great and waiting time for takeout is not very long at all.

Guess we are used to sweet BBQ sauce so some foods are too smoky for us. Otherwise, everything tastes great!

• Visited May 2012