“My go-to spot for a delicious and filling lunch after hiking”
Review of Hudson Hil's

Hudson Hil's
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hudson Hil's is a hit with me! The food is always spot-on with carefully chosen, often local ingredients and good portions. Great selection from breakfast-type dishes (served until 4pm!) to burgers, wraps, sandwiches and more. The restaurant is always packed! The bathroom is tiny and there's usually a line - you'll be in the way of the waitstaff but they don't seem to mind and your mouth will water as you see them fly by with other customers' delicious looking orders. It's casual, though we're usually some of the more unkempt individuals there when we visit after hiking nearby Breakneck Ridge trail. Lunch tastes even better after you've earned it with the rocky climb!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I won't take getting the bill wrong against them, the service was very friendly and made it easier having a late lunch with a newborn. Seems like the busiest place in town, good stop for a cold day

Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you ever get anywhere near Cold Springs, New York do yourself and your family a great favor and beg borrow or steal a parking spot close to 'Hudson Hils Restaurant.' That Hils for Hillary. Not a typo. And she's proud to have her name on this wonderful establishment. Nestled on an antique-store-ridden main street near the Hudson River in a restored old house lies the food sensation of the area. Home made everything including Hollandaise Sauce which aimed me right at Eggs Benedict on Easter Morning. Crowded? Sure cuz it's so unbelievably good. Well worth the wait which you may do by sitting on a bench just outside the front door. The service is wonderful, everyone is cheerful and the food out of this world including all the dishes that went past me as I waited for mine. The wife had a magnicent quiche. They bake everything there. My eggs were a bit overcooked for my taste but ther were cheerfully taken back by Hillary whose name is on the place and while I waited she brought me a fresh scone...on the house. Love it here. If you like old hotels the Hudson House is nearby right on the river. Enjoy and be sure to say hello to Hillary.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The food at Hudson Hil's is very good. We were 4 people ordering 4 different dishes and all the dishes were excellent. It was Saturday and the restaurant was packed and still the service was quick and very helpful.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can't tell you how amazing the food is at Hudson Hil's. I've ordered a few diverse menu items and have visited for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was there this past Sunday and the Friday the week before and absolutely love eating here. The staff is kind and helpful, which is very refreshing. The setting is warm, cozy, and inviting, always feels like I'm at home. And above all else, the food is all local, you can taste the freshness!

Depending on what you crave, I highly recommend the Fish Tacos for lunch, although the Chicken Tacos were equally delicious and no longer on the menu. The Fish Tacos are made with catfish and the the cabbage on them is delectable with a sprinkling of sauce. I've also had the Hudson BLT, very tasty, and the Beef Burrito, yum yum.

If you're heading over there for breakfast, which is served until 4PM (my kind of people), I recommend the Farm Fresh Eggs or French Toast. You will lick your plate clean, if you can manage to eat everything on it. The serving is ample, as it always is at Hudson Hil's, and the food is fresh, fresh, fresh! Try the strawberry jam with your toast, it's divine with whole chunks of strawberries. The sausage is lean and juicy, while the eggs and potatoes are a great mix when you combine them.

If you're visiting for dinner, this menu changes from week to week, but each time I've had dinner at Hudson Hil's I'm always left in shock. If it's available, try the veggie Empanada... WOW! I come from a long line of empanada-makers and empanada-eaters, and this is by far the best empanada I've ever eaten. The mix of sauces were the reason why we asked for bread, just so we can wipe the plate clean. The pastry shell was crisp, but not greasy.

For the actual meal, I've had the Gnocchi with Shrimp and the Pork Casserolette (don't think I'm spelling that correctly). Although I wasn't quite satisfied with the giant onion chunks in the Pork meal, the meat was tender and the taste was spot on. As for the Gnocchi, I still crave this to this day and haven't seen it since I've visited. Oh, the despair!

And now, for my favorite item... DESSERT! I've only had one dessert, but it was LEGEND-wait for it-DARY! I had the Caramel Hazelnut Cheesecake and will not sleep until I have another slice. I'm salivating just thinking about it. The pie crust was hearty, but not too hard or crumby. The caramel and hazelnuts were the perfect combination and I will never, ever forget this. When I was introduced to this dessert it was referred to as the OMG.. truer words were never spoken.

Hope this helps!