“A relaxing, friendly place to visit.........”
Review of Hudson House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cold Spring
Hudson House Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cold Spring B&B and Inns
new york
“A relaxing, friendly place to visit.........”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Hudson House was highly recommened by a colleague to visit- I was a bit surprised when I saw a few negative reviews on Trip advisor....However, my colleague is well traveled and actually visited the Hudson House on business for a Ralph Lauren photo shoot. He assured me that my girlfriend and I would enjoy the inn as well as the outstanding restaurant.

Needless to say - five stars later I felt inclined to write this recommendation..which I usually do not do due to time retraints!!!!!

We found the Hudson House to be TOP NOTCH...the service was outstanding all around. The manager Rich was extremely accomodating. The restaurant was very , very good...the steaks were to die for. Excellent wines.

The only negative is that the rooms are a bit small- however, the views are amazing - I suggest trying to land a riverview with balcony . The extra money was definitely worth it.

All in all our stay was excellent and being right on the river truly added to a serene weekend. Cold Spring overalll was a nice place to go getaway!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Having read in Frommer's (but not Trip Advisor) that this was a charming historic inn, my husband and I booked a room. The night before we had stayed in a room with a king sized bed so when I walked in the room and saw a postage stamp sized bed I was appalled. Does anyone sleep in those anymore? I was prepared to sleep on the floor. There was a noisy window a/c, a cheap ceiling fan and if there were any charming antiques in the inn they weren't in our room. An old TV from the 70's rested on a falling apart table and there wasn't a TV changer-we were told that it was broken a few days ago. No towel rack in the bathroom, no place to put items in the bathroom and the toilet was one flush away from not working. The tired woman at the front desk wasn't very helpful although a man working there did offer us free drinks. The whole place needs some badly needed renovation. For $175 we expected a lot more from an inn. Maybe the fact that we stayed in room 13 should have warned us as we felt that this was really bad luck to have picked this place. The WIFI only available in the lobby was really slow and not worth the time. We strongly recommend looking for another place if staying in the charming town of Cold Springs. We ate at Cathryn's for dinner-fabulous Italian food in town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lpennin104

Travelers are raving about these Cold Spring hotels

Montrose, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2009

The food was fabulous, the services polite and prompt, the view from dinning on the deck spectacular - couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathymaf
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed July 18, 2009

The location is great. The town is enjoyable. The Inn's restaurant was nice. But my room was a disappointment. A 175.00 night room was small; no chair; no towel rack of even a hook. Only 12 or so working channels on the TV (no remote). Loud window air conditioning unit that leaked all over the window sill. The bureau and TV stand looked like tag sale items. I really try to be considerate in my reviews, but this room was not at all what I would have expected at this rate. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the restaurant was good. The restaurant staff was great, especially Tom. If I return I will try another place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mabel53
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed June 21, 2009

The Hudson House Inn is located in a gorgeous area and has extremely friendly and helpful staff. Each room in the Inn is decorated uniquely and most are very cute. Unfortunately, there were a few cleanliness & maintenance issues that made the stay unpleasant at times. The bathmat in the shower of my room was filthy and covered with mildew. And several of my friends had plumbing issues. But, assuming the cleanliness issue isn't the norm, the Hudson House does offer a very quaint, picturesque place to stay when celebrating special occasions with friends and family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank lyssabelle
Brooklyn
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on a weekend get-away and had a nice time. We appreciated the restaurant, especially at breakfast. The room was fine, and the hotel was an easy walk from the Metro North train station.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hudson House River Inn for two nights in mid-March and we liked it. The building is old so you can here the other guests as they enter and exit their rooms and walk through the halls. Besides that, everything else was pretty good. Zagat rates the restaurant at 22. We felt that it was both a fair and accurate rating when comparing it to restaurants in NYC. Rich, the manager, was friendly and worked hard to see that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
No photo provided
Countryside Motel
#1 of 1 in Cold Spring

Been to Hudson House Inn? Share your experiences!