“Terrific Risotto” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“Terrific Risotto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Visited Plumbush Inn with my wife during the week, when it was not very busy. We sat on the porch overlooking the lawn; apparently the tables are moved into during cold or inclement weather. The food was very, very good, especially the artichoke risotto, which I tried since I had not had it before. Truly wonderful. Deserts were also fabulous. Service was little erratic, but given the quality of the food, I would highly recommend Plumbush Inn..

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Charles M

NorthEast
“A Poor Choice this Day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We arrived with a party of eight for a Sunday lunch. The experience was fair to poor. Poor service included having to wait way too long for a waiter to take our order. Way too long to deliver the order. Silverware was taken, but not replaced until asked. We arrived at 12:30, a half hour after opening, but one item on the menu, the lamb was limited to two portions, disappointing several of us. The food was not the best, not terrible, but at these prices I was disappointed. Overall, service should have been two hours, but dragged out to three hours before we had our complete order from appetizer to dessert.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelbob1
poughkeepsie,ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Place For A Wedding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

I had my Wedding here in October of 2009 and I would recommend it to anyone. The owners Jeanette and Mohsen were so gracious and accomadating.They truly have your speciific needs in mind. The staff, food eveything was fantastic. It is a lovely intimate setting fr a wedding.

new york
“A wonderful place for special occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2008

We recently went to the Plumbush Inn for a Christmas holiday dinner, we have been there many times before with the previous owners, however not since the new owner took over.

The meal was wonderful, and as we remembered the service was exceptional. We dined on Escargot, French onion soup, and mixed greens with goat cheese, for dinner we shared the flat mignon for two. All of the sauces were full of flavor and brought out the flavor of the meat. We topped it off with our favorite Apple Fritters a dessert not to be missed.

We will go back again, the fire places and warm woods on the wall the victorian pictures and beautiful period wall-covering gave me a feeling of a Vermont Inn and I felt as though I was on vacation.

The meals are priced at anywhere from $29.00-69.00 per entree

cortlandt manor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plumbush Inn - Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

I've never written a "review" before but, Saturday evening's repast demands it.

The ambiance of the Inn is simply five star, with intimate paneled rooms and fireplaces. The staff is incrediably cordial but unobtrusive. But it's a restaraunt, so lets get down to food and price.

The chef is an utter genius, selecting his ingredients 3 days a week via early morning sojurns to the market. The menu - from appetizers, soups, salds and entrees - is intentionally limited so that each and every course is given personal attention. Indeed, the sense is that the chef is preparing each course only for a single diner - you. His creativity and artistry is evident in every course, resulting in a truly memorable culinary experience.

Now for the PRICE. I expected prices which are 2 to 3 times higher than that chargeed. Truth be told, the entire dining experience is easily worth twice the amount charged. Each and every course - appetizer, soup, salad and entree - is, quite frankly, under-priced and simply makes an outstanding evening dinner remarkably memorable.

If one must see Paris before they die, then one must experience an evening's dinner at the Inn. I highly, highly recommend it.

JJG of Cortlandt Manor, NY