“Great food, friendly place.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
bismarck nd
“Great food, friendly place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Whenever we are in the Albany area (yes it is worth the short drive), we eat here repeatedly. They have great pizza, BUT eat everything else. Their steamers are great. Can make a meal of that. The pasta dishes are inventive and good. The antipasto is the BEST. We usually eat one and take one to go. Good wine and well mixed drinks. My favorite place in all of New York state.
As to the atmosphere--yes it is a hometown bar, but there is plenty of parking and it is a very safe (for a woman by herself at times) neighborhood of interesting historical homes. Prices are good, especially for New York.

• Visited March 2014

Troy, New York
“Best kept secret in the cap district!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

From an excellent ribeye to pizza, wings and sandwiches you will never be disappointed by a meal here! I go weekly if i can! Amazing pasta dishes creative and delicious specials and amazing pricing keep this place one of my favorites! If you have not tried it do it now! It's tucked away in the middle of a residential neighborhood but don't be fooled by how it looks outside,,,,go in and be greeted by friendly folks and awesome food! Do not let other reviews sway you.....

• Visited July 2014
Cohoes, New York
“LOL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

had to park a block away in a not so great area of Cohoes. greeted out front by a group of drunk smokers. once inside I was afraid to touch anything. this place looks like what you would think it looks like by the name of the place. very expensive dinning for a run down hole in the wall.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Troy, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

My friend had eaten here and told me how good it was. Wanting to go somewhere close after a long week, we asked friends to go with us to try Joe's. Directions in hand, we were able to find the place without a hitch, even got to park right in front of the place. I will admit I was a little nervous, because it is right in the middle of a row of houses. But the minute we walked in we loved the place. Everyone at the bar was super friendly and the bartender was a real sweetheart. Our table was ready in just a few minutes. We started with steamed clams and Utica Greens. By far the best greens I have ever eaten. The cup of Potato Leek soup was very good. I had the grilled chicken and shrimp with a lemon wine sauce over penne. YUM and it was even better the next day! Our bill was even a pleasant experience! Will go back again and again and bring more friends!

• Visited March 2014
ny
“Glad we were able to find this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Even though I had looked on the map, we had to call for directions, but it was definitely worth finding this place! We got there early on a Saturday and had to wait a few minutes for the dining room to be set up. The bar is super small and the dining room seats about 30 people so it does get noisy. We had the Utica Greens as the appetizer and I had the chicken and sausage in vodka sauce as my entree. My husband ate the chicken tortorella. We both had enough to take home leftovers to enjoy another day. Mike, the owner, came out to ask how we had liked the food. The waitress was attentive. We will come again and try their pizza, which everyone raves about.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank seg56

Been to Joe's Tavern? Share your experiences!