“LOL”

Cuisines: Pizza
Cohoes, New York
“LOL”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

had to park a block away in a not so great area of Cohoes. greeted out front by a group of drunk smokers. once inside I was afraid to touch anything. this place looks like what you would think it looks like by the name of the place. very expensive dinning for a run down hole in the wall.

• Visited April 2014

Troy, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My friend had eaten here and told me how good it was. Wanting to go somewhere close after a long week, we asked friends to go with us to try Joe's. Directions in hand, we were able to find the place without a hitch, even got to park right in front of the place. I will admit I was a little nervous, because it is right in the middle of a row of houses. But the minute we walked in we loved the place. Everyone at the bar was super friendly and the bartender was a real sweetheart. Our table was ready in just a few minutes. We started with steamed clams and Utica Greens. By far the best greens I have ever eaten. The cup of Potato Leek soup was very good. I had the grilled chicken and shrimp with a lemon wine sauce over penne. YUM and it was even better the next day! Our bill was even a pleasant experience! Will go back again and again and bring more friends!

• Visited March 2014
ny
“Glad we were able to find this place”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Even though I had looked on the map, we had to call for directions, but it was definitely worth finding this place! We got there early on a Saturday and had to wait a few minutes for the dining room to be set up. The bar is super small and the dining room seats about 30 people so it does get noisy. We had the Utica Greens as the appetizer and I had the chicken and sausage in vodka sauce as my entree. My husband ate the chicken tortorella. We both had enough to take home leftovers to enjoy another day. Mike, the owner, came out to ask how we had liked the food. The waitress was attentive. We will come again and try their pizza, which everyone raves about.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank seg56
Cohoes,NY
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Joes tavern is in a secluded street in the City of Cohoes, and if you are looking for something big keep looking. Mike who is the owner and Chef comprises specials that you would like. All time standards of pizza, and sandwiches but a goal you have to try is his dinner specials. You will leave this establishment wit a full belly and still have money in your pocket. I beg you not to try this place because I won't be able to get in when I want. A true diamond in the rough. His staff in the kitchen produces an excellent product and the waitstaff is also top notch .

• Visited April 2013
Cohoes
“yuck”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The place has a bad smell, setting, dismal, ... food - abundant but ...however, main entree was over cooked, - they do have good chicken wings. Just not a fan of the main dishes. Pizza and wings only.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Morning S

Been to Joe's Tavern? Share your experiences!