“Average at Best”

Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cohoes
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I arrived into this hotel at night, and the front desk clerk was friendly. However, upon arrival into the room, I was quite disappointed with the quality of the room. Not only is décor/amenities quite old in style and well used, but there were no hand towels or wash cloths in the bathroom, only 4 large bath towels. Also, the remote control on the TV wasn't working. There was also much dust on the lamp shade and coffee pot. I was so tired, I didn't bother calling the front desk. I had to leave early the next morning and expressed my displeasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alicia L
Mike F, Manager at Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for commenting on the hotel. We appreciate the compliments on the friendly staff and we apologize for not meeting your expectations in the other areas. We would have gladly replaced the remote control and replenished towels if we had been made aware. We have staff here around the clock so there is always someone there to assist our guests.
Regarding the decor, we just completed a total renovation this spring, so all of the furnishings, carpeting, wallpaper, etc. are now brand new in every room. We've also added refrigerators and microwaves to all rooms, as well.
We hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were on vacation for 3 days and this hotel was centrally located as to our various day-trips. Check-in was fast and friendly, and our room was clean and well-lit. Plenty of pillows were provided. Interestingly, all of the cable tv channels were in alphabetical order! The pool was large, hardly anyone used it while we were there, but it could have used a good skim cleaning. The breakfast was excellent and the free coffee provided all day was a plus. Check-out was fast. We would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were coming in for a wedding, and decided at the last minute to come early. We booked just one night in this hotel, as it was reasonably priced. I wish we would have spent the weekend here. The other hotel was nice, but no better for $50 more per night.
Everything was clean, the breakfast was very good, and the coffee was great! Nice staff. It is a good choice if you need to go to this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryallen99

Thank you for reccommending us! We appreciate your compliments.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had to travel to the latham, NY area for work and needed a place for the night. I looked at my options and being on a budget decided the Stay Inn was my best bet. It is an older inn and is in the process of being remodeled. At check inn, I was greeted with a very stong smell of cigarette smoke that could have been lingering from some of the people sitting in the lobby. When I got to my room on the 3rd floor (at around 6 PM) someone around the corner down the hall was banging very hard on a door like they were trying to kick it in. After retuirning from dinner I was working in my room until about 10:30 and continued to hear people banging on doors until about 11PM. When I came down for breakfast in the morning there were a fair number of workers involved with the remodeling in the area getting breakfast. At checkout I mentioned that they should try to prevent the door banging and was told that maybe it was from hotel workers. I said it shouln'd be at 10 or 11 PM! The room was actuallly very nice.

Room Tip: Get room on a floor that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mike F, Manager at Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our renovation is now completed and all of our rooms have been beautifully remodeled. We have since become a Comfort Inn, so we have expanded our breakfast selections, upgraded our amenities and now participate in the Choice Prvileges program. We apologize for the disturbances that you experienced during your visit. We hope that you will stay with us again so your can experience our "new" hotel. Thank you once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was very nice and was clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linen was good quality. The staff is friendly and when we had an issue with our TV the owner himself came up to fix the problem. However, the breakfast is VERY basic, and the housekeeping staff barely cleaned the room in the morning after our first night- they just grabbed the dirty towels and made the bed. If you can overlook those two very small things, this is a good hotel to stay in. It is located next to the highway also making it easy to travel to our destinations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We apologize for the housekeeping oversites that you mentioned. Our guests' satisfaction is very important to us. We have recently undergone renovations and have rebranded to a Comfort Inn, and our goal is to ensure that every guest has a great experience here. Please visit us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found this place to be reasonably priced. So I booked a one night stay. It appears to be a hotel that lost its branding. Leaves you wondering why. The place was just okay. Bathroom needs updating. Room itself was fine. Not as clean as it could've been. Would I book there again. Probably to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to tell you that we have recently completed renovations on the entire property, including the guest bathrooms which have been re-tiled and now have new vanities, wall vinyl, and artwork. The guest rooms have also been updated with new furniture, carpeting, wall vinyl, lighting and all rooms now have refrigerators and microwaves. We've converted to a Comfort Inn (prior to which it was a Stay Inn for over 2 years)
We continue to provide a great value, and you'll find that we now have even more to offer!Please visit us again to see the improvement. Thank you.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when i came to albany for a nys civil service physical exam. I got a great deal through priceline, so i was worried the quality wouldnt suffice. But i was extremely pleased. The staff were friendly. The room was clean, had a comfortable king bed, and a nice hd tv. The location was convenient, only 6 minutes from the test location, and the free continental breakfast was a nice touch. The gym was small but, got the job done. The only complaint, was that my curtain didnt really completely cover the window, so i pulled a sheet over it which worked. It was a more than adequate place to just spend the night

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Nachotown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohoes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Troy

Been to Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North? Share your experiences!